Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Wrong Forward Only Conversion AARRGGHHH!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 11:06 AM
rustynutzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wrong Forward Only Conversion AARRGGHHH!!

So I decided to get the foc after my optidrive went out on my tmaxx 3.3. I went to the LHS and asked for a foc for my truck, I was handed this http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHGG6 . I trusted their knowledge but I did think it was odd that a revo part would fit into my tmaxx. So I start installing this on my truck and get all the way to the point where I need to install the driveline components. The foc shaft that I put in was too large for the driveline shaft, the brake disc blue screw nut would not fit due to the extra length of the shaft. Now it's sunday and I have a truck in pieces with no hobby shop open for 50 miles around. The point is, check your parts and accessories manual and research it for yourself before you buy anything, because even experienced people can make mistakes. Let's hope they will let me exchange this for the right one.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:45 PM
BrendanS

Default RE: Wrong Forward Only Conversion AARRGGHHH!!

ORIGINAL: rustynutzz

So I decided to get the foc after my optidrive went out on my tmaxx 3.3. I went to the LHS and asked for a foc for my truck, I was handed this http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHGG6 . I trusted their knowledge but I did think it was odd that a revo part would fit into my tmaxx. So I start installing this on my truck and get all the way to the point where I need to install the driveline components. The foc shaft that I put in was too large for the driveline shaft, the brake disc blue screw nut would not fit due to the extra length of the shaft. Now it's sunday and I have a truck in pieces with no hobby shop open for 50 miles around. The point is, check your parts and accessories manual and research it for yourself before you buy anything, because even experienced people can make mistakes. Let's hope they will let me exchange this for the right one.
did you tell them it was for a t-maxx 3.3?
Old 06-10-2007, 02:18 PM
rawiswar

ORIGINAL: rustynutzz

you do know you dont need the foc kit if you take out the optidrive, all you need is a throttle failsafe (and you dont even need that if you dont want to)
Old 06-10-2007, 03:10 PM
6speednissan

True, there will be some pointless gears in the trans, but you don't have to do the foc. Ive actually been driving for a few weeks with no failsafe, but I finally bought the Dynamite micro failsafe when my cousin slammed into a tree last week due to dead batteries.