Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

tmaxx 3.3 will not start?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 09:25 AM
tmaxx 3.3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tmaxx 3.3 will not start?

I just bought a 3.3 for my tmaxx I run one tank of fuel threw it and know I cant get it started. I have tried new glow plugs. I am using Traxxas glow plugs also. I did not want two but I adjusted the carb from the factory settings. I am at 4 turns out with the high speed needle but I am not two sure where to put the low speed? I tried putting fresh 20% fuel in it but stilll nothing. My battery pack is fully charged for the starter still nothing. Any Information would be great Thanks.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:24 AM
jarett 92

Default RE: tmaxx 3.3 will not start?

LSN is flush with the sides...and the idle...you take the filter and neck off and look at the gap between the metal and the side...it should be very small...close to 1mm.

try this first...make sure u are priming it. if u prime it and the fuel doesnt move in the fuel lines...come back and say so...then u have another list of things to check
Old 06-17-2007, 10:30 AM
bdub17
Banned

glow plug
Old 06-17-2007, 10:34 AM
jarett 92

he already said he tried new glow plugs. read the whole thing.
Old 06-17-2007, 02:14 PM
tmaxx 3.3

Ya did what you said it is firing a little but still will not start. It is definently getting fuel it is coming out of the carb when I turn it over. When I prime it I can c fuel going in the lines. When I take the glow plug out and turn it over it is bright red when I ground it out. Is 4 turns out a good setting for the high speed needle? How critical is low speed setting it should still start if it is close right. Should I get a seperate glow plug lighter are is the EZ start one good enough? Thanks
Old 06-17-2007, 11:17 PM
rawkfist2

Turn your idle inwards 1/2 turn. This will at least let it run.