Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Whats the price

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 12:10 PM
adam032981

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats the price

I am thinking about selling my Revo for a Rustler VXL and was wondering what you guys think its worth. It is 6 months old with less than 2 gallons hrough it and it is very clean

HOP-UPS
Teckno rc wing mount
Proline 1/8 wing
Black traxxas p3 pushrods
New M2C Aluminum 17mm hex’s
New Proline 17mm ½ inch offset black velocity rims
New Proline badlands MT
1/8 scale OFNA buggy air filter
Fuel Filter
60 weight shock oil in shocks
Forward Only Conversion
Blue Locknuts on wheels

EXTRAS
2 Gold and 2 Orange Springs, stock springs, and long travel springs
1 extra stock shock and one that needs rebuilt
5 Stock pushrods and 1 aluminum pushrod
Set of EZ start wires
2 36 tooth spurs
Duratrax Temp Gauge
3 Stock Rims and Hex’s
4 used Talon tires
2 Extra Hex Pins
5ft of fuel line
150cc Duratrax quick fill fuel bottle
1 left front stock-arm
P2 rockers

I know the front wheels are backwards and those are the stock wheels and rims

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71214.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	720791  
Old 07-11-2007, 02:28 PM
69eyes

Default RE: Whats the price

its too nice for a rustler vxl[]
Old 07-11-2007, 09:12 PM
adam032981

Ya but I am really tired of tuning and getting those non starting problems u get with a nitro and/or gas rc car
Old 07-11-2007, 09:29 PM
NitroVenom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

electric is nice but if you want an old rustler you could just look up a good used one for pretty cheap. It might not a vxl but you never know.

As for tuning, we all know the traxxas motors suck at holding a tune. Its just traxxas really so buying a new motor would make it a lot easier to tune and give you better performance. I've heard stories of O.S. 18tm's that haven't been started for 6 months and still start right up and held the same tune from 6 months before. Its personal prefrence though.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:32 PM
fatkidjoey

ill give ya 100 bucks ! ..... j/k id say some where around 600-750
Old 07-11-2007, 09:33 PM
NitroVenom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As for a price I would say around $450-500
Old 07-11-2007, 09:37 PM
adam032981

ORIGINAL: fatkidjoey

That would be like getting away with murder[X(]. I wouldnt buy a new car for that much
Old 07-11-2007, 09:44 PM
rawiswar

ORIGINAL: adam032981

That would be like getting away with murder[X(]. I wouldnt buy a new car for that much

you may get a little more than what it costs for a new one stock

the problem is people dont appreciate a good hopped up truck just put it back to stock as much as you can then sell the other parts
Old 07-11-2007, 09:52 PM
LSTVega28

That is rediculous amount, nowhere near that.

I would pay about 375-400 for that. I was shooting for 525 for mine but I have waay more hop-ups thna you...by far.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:37 AM
jarett 92

dude u are making a mistake...just because TRX engines suck doesnt mean u go electric. try the O.S.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:27 AM
aer-wubby

ORIGINAL: jarett 92

dude u are making a mistake...just because TRX engines suck doesnt mean u go electric. try the O.S.
Or Picco .
Old 07-12-2007, 06:50 AM
joelgould111

i have had a trx for 1 year and it was a peace of **** all it ever wanted was a tune go to the picco its amazing tune 1 time and thats it
Old 07-12-2007, 09:29 AM
jarett 92

exactly...just dont quit because u are tired of tuning...its a TRX engine...what do u expect? (not trying to flame or anything...just saying i've never had any luck with mine)
Old 07-12-2007, 10:24 AM
LSTVega28

exactly...just dont quit because u are tired of tuning...its a TRX engine...what do u expect? (not trying to flame or anything...just saying i've never had any luck with mine)

I agree, you can't quit Nitro because you can't tune a TRX. Adam, you know electric can be expensive? Chargers, de-chargers(w/e they are called),li-po batterys....extra batterys. It all dds up.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:43 PM
69eyes

exactly, i had trouble with my 3.3 but when i went axial, the problems stopped(now i cant get the 3.3 to die except for an airleak but that was my fault). i would recommend a new engine before going electric and having to start over with hop ups and stuff.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:52 PM
adam032981

ORIGINAL: LSTVega28

I agree, you can't quit Nitro because you can't tune a TRX. Adam, you know electric can be expensive? Chargers, de-chargers(w/e they are called),li-po batterys....extra batterys. It all dds up.
I can tune the engine its just so many things go wrong with the engine that I have to mail order or go to the hobbyshop and cant drive since my truck doesnt run
Old 07-12-2007, 02:20 PM
rawiswar

I can tune the engine its just so many things go wrong with the engine that I have to mail order or go to the hobbyshop and cant drive since my truck doesnt run

you could get an e savage and keep the revo so when the revo is out of order then you can mess around with a stock e savage

or you could sell all the engine related stuff off your revo and convert it to brushless and lipo
Old 07-12-2007, 05:37 PM
jarett 92

dude u realize all the problems u are having is because its a TRX engine...try an O.S...then make up your mind.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:52 PM
LSTVega28

Well, I got news for ya. Electrics break and battery's wear out. So sooner or later, you will have to go back to the hobby shop or order online.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:53 PM
rawiswar

Well, I got news for ya. Electrics break and battery's wear out. So sooner or later, you will have to go back to the hobby shop or order online.

lol things break on nitros too

and batterys last about a year till they need replacing if you want the most out of them

hows your new lst2 not the one your bros got but your new new one, you got pictures
Old 07-12-2007, 08:24 PM
LSTVega28

[quote]ORIGINAL: rawiswar

It's coming in Tuesday so no pics yet.

I know nitro's break, I have owned many over the years. Receiver batt's usually last between 6-8 months depending on how well you treat them.

lol things break on nitros too

and batterys last about a year till they need replacing if you want the most out of them

Old 07-12-2007, 09:51 PM
KillerJato

I'd pay $300 tops for it. I paid $285 for mine and it had a brand new OS.18TM come with it and a whole extra ez-start and the body was new.
Old 07-15-2007, 05:48 PM
MambaPede

Try an o.s. 18tm before you do anything you will regret.I have an elec. rustler brushless stampede and a t-maxx with an o.s. 18tm.I dont have any issues with the motor and it is just about too much for the truck as it is.I wouldnt get rid of your nitro to switch for an vxl rustler.I would trade my brushless stampede for the newer one comming out tho.But I would not do what you are thinking of doing.This is just my thoughts and I would regret it If I did.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:48 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I understand where he is coming from sort of, but like many of you say, you gotta get battery packs which aint cheap, a decent charger.

I know when i come from work, after using my mind all day analyzing and troubleshooting problems the last thing I want to do is be tuning and tweaking. OS motors are great for holding a decent tune. I have one in my evader, and tnx, and they are the cats meow for tuning, power and relaibility. Sh .28 motors are not bad either, very easy to tune and dam quick!!!
Old 07-17-2007, 06:19 PM
Traxxas_Tech
My Feedback: (22)

I had fun last week in Nebraska racing expensive nitro cars and trucks and beating them with our box stock Bandit VXL. You should have seen their faces.

It's personal preference.