Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

engine still not working......3rd time....

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 03:04 PM
Danju

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine still not working......3rd time....

i dont know whats wrong with my engine still. it turns on the first couple pulls (okay thats good)...and then idles good. but when i try to accelerate, engine sputters and wants to cut off. about at 1/3 throttle, engine wants to stall. and sometimes when i just let it idle, the engine cuts..keep in mind the carb is set at factory settings...this is my 3rd time posting about this dumb problem. ive changed fuel lines and checked for leaks over and over and over agian. ive also replaced plugs too (MC-59). should i switch plugs or what? im stuck....
Old 07-17-2007, 03:26 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: engine still not working......3rd time....

Are you sure its not the tune?[&:]
Old 07-17-2007, 03:26 PM
spidey07

Can you check your clutch and make sure the spring isn't broken? Sometimes that can cause the symptoms you're seeing.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:31 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is it the trx 2.5 or 3.3 or another motor. Id pull the motor out and check the pinch and check the needle valve orings in the carb to make sure they are not torn. If not just set it back to stock settings, to start.

If you turn the flywheel by had to the top of the stroke do you feel it getting tight, or does it turn right through with relative ease? Id do this first, and check the carb orings. If it pops right through the stroke with ease time to tear her down and have a look.

If you can push the piston/ connecting rod up through the of the sleeve with the sleeve and the piston/ rod assembly removed time for a rebuild or a different motor.

Now if the carb checks out and you have plenty of pinch, do an engine reseal with rtv o2 safe sealant, put in new glow plug mc59 should be good, and try again there articles on this sight concerning resealing your motor, oh make sure that flywheel is tight.

Good luck
Old 07-17-2007, 04:20 PM
Danju

ORIGINAL: rcnitrohead

Are you sure its not the tune?[&:]
its at factory settting. the 3.3 engine last so short i cant even get to start tuning.
anyway, clutch is not broken, flywheel is tight, still lots of compresion and pinch, and engine is tightly sealed.
but i think my glow plug is dead again. my glow starter indicated the plug was good but i took the plug out and connected the igniter. it does not glow that brightly and it looks wet. so i think i should lean my mixture? i mean, the plug died when the carb was set at factory setttings. so maybe i shouldl go to 3 turns out?
Old 07-17-2007, 06:19 PM
weez440

deffinately lean that poor thing up a li bit. i would go in quite a bit with just the hsn. and did you check your gastank for leaks? what i do to check my gastanks is take them off with both fuel lines. fill up the kitchen sink and i submerge the whole gastank except one end of the hose. with your finger plugging off the other end blow into the gastank. if there is an airleak you will see bubbles coming up. i don't know what meathod you use this just seems to work pretty good.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:29 PM
Danju

ive done every possible method ive heard to check for airleaks. submerge tank in the water...., spread soap water....., and WD-40 the engine....im 99% sure that this issue i have has nothing to do with airleaks now. but i think i should lean it out a bit. (if the HSN is 4 turns out, sometimes the enigne gets flooded to the point that fuel is coming out of the carb!!!) but until i get my car started again, i need to buy a new glow plug.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:44 PM
PiccoLow

I"d venture to say it's too rich on the idle and low end. The stalling you are describing sounds like an engine fighting flooding conditions. I have a 3.3 in a 2.5 and I tuned it really rich and it acts exactly the same until it hits about 1/2 tank, then it seems to even out
Old 07-17-2007, 07:08 PM
weez440

thats a good idea. due to tank lean you could just try filling it up 1/4 full and see what happens. if it starts then you know you are to rich. which is safe to say you are anyways.