Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Sport Maxx engine help needed

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 07:48 PM
urjustamemory

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sport Maxx engine help needed

I replaced all batteries with brand new ones, I charged the EZ Start Controllers battery I went to start the motor and nothing, I looked at the led lights on the controller and they weren't on so I replaced the glow plug with a brand new one and still nothing happens. What could be the problem? I hope its not new motor time. Thanks
Old 07-11-2007, 08:24 PM
rawiswar

Default RE: Sport Maxx engine help needed

ORIGINAL: urjustamemory

I replaced all batteries with brand new ones, I charged the EZ Start Controllers battery I went to start the motor and nothing, I looked at the led lights on the controller and they weren't on so I replaced the glow plug with a brand new one and still nothing happens. What could be the problem? I hope its not new motor time. Thanks

you mean both lights are not on if so check to see if the ez start wires are on the ez start motor and not fell off

also there should be the motor light on even when you just press it when not connected to truck
Old 07-11-2007, 09:08 PM
adam032981

ORIGINAL: urjustamemory

It doesnt appear to be new motor time because like rawiswar said the motor light lites up. unless they light up when the wand isnt in the truck trying to start it. then its new motor time
Old 07-12-2007, 06:01 AM
urjustamemory

ORIGINAL: adam032981

unless they light up when the wand isnt in the truck trying to start it. then its new motor time

Yeah if you push the button when the wand isn't in the truck the green motor lite lights up. How much does a motor for the controller cost?
Old 07-12-2007, 07:11 AM
joelgould111

its not your motor look in the end of the easy start see it all the conectors are right down is so checa all the wiring for the easy start then remove the glowplug and try you could have vaporlock or your engine had seised up lol
Old 07-12-2007, 09:37 AM
jarett 92

does it turn over? or u just press the button and nothing happens? if it turns over and doesnt wanna start, its gotta be flooded or an airleak...check all fuelines and the O ring on the inside of ur gas tank lid....if it doesnt turn over it has to be something in the ez start, wires, ez start motor...make sure all the wires look perfect...and the 4 prongs on the truck part of the ez start go into the 4 holes of the wand...sometimes they break off...also make sure all the wires are in the right spot...i havent been able to start my motor before because i forgot to ground it with the yellow wire.

hope this helps.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:51 AM
urjustamemory

ORIGINAL: jarett 92

does it turn over? or u just press the button and nothing happens? i.if it doesnt turn over it has to be something in the ez start, wires, ez start motor...make sure all the wires look perfect...and the 4 prongs on the truck part of the ez start go into the 4 holes of the wand...sometimes they break off...also make sure all the wires are in the right spot...i havent been able to start my motor before because i forgot to ground it with the yellow wire.

hope this helps.
It does absolutely nothing, I took the glow plug out and put the controller to the truck to see what is it doing and it barely pushes the piston, so I figured a new EZ Start motor, the wires are OK but have seen better days, I should just buy a brand new Quick connector harness and a new glow plug wire because that too has seen better days. I talked to the former owner of it and he said that if I don't get it figured out he will give me the money back for the truck.

Thanks
Old 07-19-2007, 08:15 AM
urjustamemory

I ordered a EZ start wiring harness for it the other day, if that doesn't fix it I think a pull start conversion is in order or maybe just buy the 3.3 and replace the 2.5 in it.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:36 PM
malibuboats4

my easy start didnt start for a while either. i went to check on the wires and pulled on them a little bit and the dang prong that comes on the electric motor came off!
Old 07-20-2007, 02:50 PM
urjustamemory

Alright. I got the new EZ Start wiring harness in from rcboyz.com, and it still doesn't want to start. The green l.e.d lights on the controller don't even light up, the green light for the motor lights up untill I attach it to the truck then no lights. I replaced the glow plug three times so far and still get the same thing. I am about to throw this up against the wall. I am thinking of just buying a 3.3 for it with pull start and be done with it.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:32 PM
urjustamemory

I got it fixed, I took it to the LHS and they put a brand new battery in the EZ controller and it turned right over. I now have fuel spitting out the muffler like a garden hose.