Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Revo

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 11:38 PM
Nitro Rustler Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo

How many of you guys have a Revo? What are the pro's and cons of them? I haven't been up to date with RC trucks lately so im back in the ball game and looking into getting a MT. I have a Nitro Rustler but an upgrade is needed.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:47 PM
oompwa

Default RE: Revo

I have two. The pros are, you can set it up to bash, race, rock crawl, street race, whatever floats your boat. The biggest con is, it will suck the money right out of your pocket if your not careful. Do you plan on racing, bashing or both?
Old 07-18-2007, 11:53 PM
malibuboats4

search for it on the forum
Old 07-19-2007, 12:02 AM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

I've had 2 Revos... still have one... the pros: quick, innovative, good handling, lots of aftermarket, good to race or bash, lightweight, easy to work on. Cons: TRX engines can be difficult to tune, reverse gear is weak (easy fix), and you might have so much fun with it your head will explode...
Old 07-19-2007, 01:38 AM
PiccoLow

reverse is horrible but other than keep an eye on your diffs for leaks
Old 07-19-2007, 07:17 AM
bud09

to bad that the revo is the heaviset traxxas makes. a big con wen ur drivin at high sppeds and want to stop fast is that it will do a front flip from the brakes, so buy the rear brake upgrade to pervent this from happening.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:28 AM
ttoks

rear brake only work with the center diff which i found sucked the fun outa bashing, really the biggest cons are that it's not as tough stock as some other trucks, but a few simple upgrades can fix that (FOC, people say RPM a arms but i;v managed to break the bulkhead, a arm pins and skid plate instead) and the stock engine, a carefully heat cycle break in largly eliminates that problem, or sell the engine brand new never started on e bay and buy an O.S .18 TM off of tower for i think it's $149, a loss of maybe $50 for a very very reliable ad easy to tune engine.

Old 07-19-2007, 10:56 AM
Nitro Rustler Racer

I plan on just bashing around, no racing intended. I've tuned the 2.5 Traxxas before and tune other Traxxas engines so i should be fine. I know how to tune so no problem. Looks like i am getting the Revo. Thanks for the help.

P.S I also plan on upgrading the radio, but just the RX because i have a computer radio for my Rusty so i'll just have to program it in. Also i am looking at the 3.3Revo if that helps.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:22 PM
REVO_RACER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont flame much but over the last Say 2 years theres been many topics on this please next time use the search Function.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:37 PM
Nitro Rustler Racer

ORIGINAL: REVO_RACER

I dont flame much but over the last Say 2 years theres been many topics on this please next time use the search Function.
Find me a thread or thread's that answer my question. I've searched, i've been on this forum for a while, and other forums. I search first.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:13 PM
x5t1j

REVO! Whats that! Never heard of it man. Sounds like some kind of fancy new cleaner. "Just REVO it and Go"
Old 07-19-2007, 06:47 PM
Nitro Rustler Racer

ORIGINAL: x5t1j

REVO! Whats that! Never heard of it man. Sounds like some kind of fancy new cleaner. "Just REVO it and Go"
Is there sarcasm in this? If so i do not see it...
Old 07-19-2007, 08:31 PM
tommie!

If you like the revo, get it! Most of the major names in monster trucks have very good reputations. They all have pros and cons. I've tried almost all of them and have come to that view point.
The revo is innovative in design. It has lots of suspension travel, decent power and comes well equipped with features like a ni mh battery and decent charger you don't have to buy. The engine is not the easiest to tune, but everything else about the truck is beginner friendly and offers a wide range of geometry and suspension adjustment if you so choose.

You can't go wrong.

Old 07-19-2007, 09:27 PM
jgeck90

i have owned 2 revo's if the guy wants to make his own thread let him, dont bash him for that.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:36 PM
NitroVenom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 3.3 revo is a great truck to buy. I've had my revo(2.5) for about 4 years now and am only just starting to get into racing. Its a great basher out of the box. The only bad things I found with my revo was the starter. I had the motor replaced twice and the wires 3 times. I guess I just got a lemon starter, it happens. So I switched over to a roto-start. Haven't had a complaint yet. Heres some links worth reading. I know its how to make a revo race ready but there are some mods worth reading and you'll know a lot more about the trucks capabilitiesaside from all the marketing and propaganda.

[link=http://www.traxxas.com/support/index.php?action=artikel&cat=143&id=482]Part 1[/link]

[link=http://www.traxxas.com/support/index.php?action=artikel&cat=143&id=472&artlang=en]Part 2[/link]

[link=http://www.traxxas.com/support/index.php?action=artikel&cat=143&id=483&artlang=en]Part 3[/link]

After reading these articles you can see the truck has many capabilities and is well worth the money.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:19 PM
guardiandl

I just got a revo 3.3 and it is awesome. I was driving it down my dirt road and when it shifted into second gear it poped a wheely and road it for a few seconds.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:06 AM
NitroBurner69

I have the revo 2.5 and IM about to mount a picco .26 motor... ..you cant go wrong with the revo 2.5 or the 3.3 either way...your be making a good choice
Old 07-20-2007, 12:23 AM
rawkfist2

The only con is that the dam shocks snap and break to easy! Bashing them is tought on shocks!
Old 07-21-2007, 06:02 AM
splcrazy

ORIGINAL: guardiandl

I just got a revo 3.3 and it is awesome. I was driving it down my dirt road and when it shifted into second gear it poped a wheely and road it for a few seconds.
lol poped a wheelie in second gear ???????? first time ive heard of that, how is that even possible???????

by the way i owned two revo3.3's and sold one for half price to a mate . but he doesn't want it anymore and its still new so im gonna buy it back off him for 300 bux ... in australia they worth $1000 i sold it for 500 and now im buying it back for $300 not bad huh

i hate it when people see these toys and buy them then complain about running costs . this is a hobby if your interested in getting involved in it be prepared for spending money on it or find something else to do simple as that ...

i love the revo3.3 its very reliable never had any real major problems with them , traxxas is a good quality product
Old 07-21-2007, 06:54 AM
ttoks

i'm running an RB 523, and with all that power, i still struggle for the 2nd gear wheelies unless i have it tuned for performance, so i don't see how a 3.3, even brand new would be able to pull a 2nd gear wheelie, keeping in mind i have had two revo 3.3s.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:54 AM
splcrazy

i think he just encountered a small bump in the ground without realising it and it popped a wheelie at full speed .. mines done that few times
Old 07-21-2007, 01:05 PM
NitroBurner69

ORIGINAL: splcrazy

i think he just encountered a small bump in the ground without realising it and it popped a wheelie at full speed .. mines done that few times

LMAO..lol..lol..thats funny.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:49 PM
mccdalc

I bought a Revo 2.5 and a Losi LST a couple of years ago. The LST is now up for sale. In my opinion, the Revo has a far superior design, and has handle the bashing much better than the LST. The only hop-up I've added to the Revo is an alluminum roll bar, and the only problem I've had is with the gears in one of the steering servos (very easy and inexpensive replacement). I highly recommend the truck.