Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

Is a new still sealed in the box T-Maxx Pro .15 worth anything?

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Is a new still sealed in the box T-Maxx Pro .15 worth anything?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 02:07 PM
robwiljas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is a new still sealed in the box T-Maxx Pro .15 worth anything?

I recently bought a still new in the shrinkwrapped box T-Maxx with Pro .15 and I have every intention to run it. Some people have told me on another forum though that I shouldn't open it though because it should be worth something as a collectors item. One person suggested it's worth about $600 but I don't think so. What do you think is it worth a lot or should I go ahead and open it? Thanks.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:39 PM
twomanytoys

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is a new still sealed in the box T-Maxx Pro .15 worth anything?

Its not worth much. Nothing special about the old 15 t maxx. On ebay you will get about 250-300 new for it. Used they go for about 200.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:43 PM
jkdv8
My Feedback: (1)

if you cantain yourself for awhile i would keep it. probably not worth much now but in the future i could see it. i mean the t-maxx .15 did start alot of what we have today i.e. first nitro mt with a forward reverse 2spd tranny. it was revolutionary when it first came out and still is imo. probably be awhile til its worth anything though. depends on if you got the cash to get another and let that one sit in the box.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:45 PM
tommythecat
My Feedback: (2)

I agree, it's probably worth nothing now, but "may" be worth money as a vintage RC for a collector in another 10-20 years.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:18 PM
6speednissan

I would just hang on to it and leave it in the factory plastic.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:51 PM
robwiljas

Well nevermind, it just came in the mail and the shrinkwrap got torn and the box got a huge gash in it during shipping. The trucks ok though. I'm actually kind of releaved, now I don't feel guilty opening it. [>:]

I have a question though, if I turn the spur gear in either direction by hand, it doesn't try to move the truck. I know it has a one way bearing in it but it turns free in both directions. Is something wrong?
Old 07-19-2007, 03:55 PM
tommythecat
My Feedback: (2)

Perfectly normal. The forward/reverse pawls do not engage the bell until you hit a certain RPM, so the spur is basically disconnected form the rest of the drivertrane until it hits a certain RPM.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:02 PM
robwiljas

ORIGINAL: tommythecat

Perfectly normal. The forward/reverse pawls do not engage the bell until you hit a certain RPM, so the spur is basically disconnected form the rest of the drivertrane until it hits a certain RPM.
Good to hear, I thought maybe it was just in "neutral". Thanks a lot.

Also is it normal for the steering servo to not quite have enough torque to turn the wheels all the way when it's stationary. It's fine when it's moving.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:05 PM
twomanytoys

Yes the stock servo is kinda weak. It will move fine once moving but at a stand still you will get very little movement.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:12 PM
DaveG55

That's also pretty normal. Unfortunatly there are very few MT's that come with servos strong enough to turn the wheels while sitting still. You shuldn't have too much trouble turning once the truck is moving. And if you decide you want a stronger turning servo you can get a pretty good one for less than $40.

The Pro.15 is a good truck, definatly not the fastest but it is very reliable. I sometimes wish I'd left mine stock. I could give it to anybody and, with very minor instructions, nearly anybody could start and drive it by themselves. For the longest time it was the truck that I'd give to friends and family to let them bash around with.

Be sure to break it in well.