Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

WHAT DID I DO???

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 04:05 PM
BANDGEEK1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHAT DID I DO???

i got a pull start for my traxxas rustler and it finally started, but it wouldn't move. i called traxxas and they said that the differentials were stripped. so, i tore the tranny all apart to find out that it was fine. i put it back in, same problem. pull the throttle and it wont go. i started it a little later and the tires would spin without my control. i spun the idle screw to the right, a mistake i found out later, while my cousin held the transmitter, i started it. the tires spun, then when he put on the brakes, they still moved. we tried to pinch the line (gas) to shut it off but it leaned way out, so we kept it running. it revved up to the point where the the tires spun on the ground ( the whole time he was putting the brakes on and a heavy paint can kept it in place). finally it revved one last time and then stalled. what did i do wrong!?!?!?!?!
Old 07-21-2007, 05:28 PM
NitroVenom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: WHAT DID I DO???

Ok if traxxas said it was your diffs, then why would you take apart your tranny? I think the betteries in your transmitter are dead. Or the betteries in the car. Check your electronics before you start it again. Make sure theres no binding or anything. To check your diffs, spin one of the tires in the back and the other one should spin the other way. You shouldn't hear any clanking or anything. The reason it leaned out is because it is starved from gas. thats normal. If you want an easier way to cut the motor just put your finger over the exhaust and it should cut out.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:59 PM
drag racer

i had the same problem with mine and i looked at the remote and i had it set on the wrong channels. before i noticed this, whenever i started it it would go to WOT on its own[8D]
Old 07-21-2007, 08:15 PM
BANDGEEK1

the batteries are good, if i hold the spur gear, the other tire will spin the opposite way. if i don't hold it, it doesn't move at all.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:16 PM
NitroVenom

Hold one of the back tires and try spinning them both in oppsite directions. They shouldn't be able to. If they do and you hear the gears cracking then your diff is shot. Oh thinking about it, I think drag racer is right, your channels might be off. With the truck on, check your throttle and brake to make sure your throttle is your throttle and your brake is your brake. Which would be why when your couzin was holding the brake, the truck going at WOT. Dont worry about the diffs or the tranny.. its not that hard.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:49 PM
1Nightrider1

check your throttle trim on your radio.i had the same problem
Old 07-21-2007, 10:05 PM
BANDGEEK1

i found out what it was. i turned the the idle screw all the way clockwise, so it was all screwed up. tomorrow ill fix it.
Old 07-21-2007, 11:39 PM
NitroVenom

lol yea that'l do it.