Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Can Revo be competative in truggy class?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 10:11 PM
madbrad70

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can Revo be competative in truggy class?

I am looking into getting a truggy to race localy and I really love my T-maxx so i was thinking of sticking with the Traxxas brand and buying a revo. With bolt on part can a Revo hang with the truggys ? THe other truck i was looking to purchase was the Mugen MBX5-T or the Jammin CTR.
Thanks!
Old 07-21-2007, 10:59 PM
fatkidjoey

Default RE: Can Revo be competative in truggy class?

where is race revo is a production monster truck...
Old 07-21-2007, 11:38 PM
NitroVenom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It will take some money tho. A lot of peoples revo's can certainly hang with the truggies, but beating them is another story. You would have to be a really good driver to beat a truggy. exspecially a modded one.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:14 AM
oompwa

Since you started your post by saying that you want to race in the truggy class, just buy a truggy. The Mugen and the Jammin are both good choices, but look at the Losi 8t also. The Losi 8t can be bought as a RTR, and comes with a roto start, and Spektrum radio for $650. A lot of guys at my local track have 'em, and they handle great.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:03 PM
arbcj

ORIGINAL: madbrad70

I am looking into getting a truggy to race localy and I really love my T-maxx so i was thinking of sticking with the Traxxas brand and buying a revo. With bolt on part can a Revo hang with the truggys ? THe other truck i was looking to purchase was the Mugen MBX5-T or the Jammin CTR.
Thanks!

no
Old 07-22-2007, 08:32 PM
KRO

Yes , properly modded I belive the REVO can compete with Truggies . But as stated before , it takes some dollars to get there .

It would be cheaper just to buy a decent Truggy to begin with and save yourself some hassle .......

BTW here are a couple of pics of my "Truggified" REVO .....And yes it handles VERY good on a track and jumps nice and level . When I first got it it had an RB TM523 and was a real screamer . Its still quick (and easier to handle) with the OS .18 .

Old 07-23-2007, 01:14 PM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks!

I racers a revo with truggys 3 times and i hated it i set it up posted pics on RCU and sold it about 3 or 4 weeks later......... since then i boguht the MUGEN MBX5T PROSPEC and never looked back............trust me IF U CANT AFORD IT go with the mugen truggy......OR the kyosho ST-R i perfer the mugen becuase parts are eiser for me to find
Old 07-23-2007, 04:13 PM
(X)

ORIGINAL: arbcj

Thanks!

no
HAHA

But yeh, it will cost some serious £££ to make it
Old 07-24-2007, 02:27 AM
Blackhawk4
My Feedback: (1)

You could do what Cabbie did

http://www.truggyracers.com/forum/in...howtopic=10768

Revo + Truggy = Ruggy [8D]

would cost alot though
Old 07-24-2007, 09:21 PM
madbrad70

Thanks for all the input. After a lot of reading and looking at avalible parts at my lhs, I'm going with the Mugen!
Old 07-25-2007, 12:21 AM
asianplayer

umm I would go with the Xray truggy, from my experiance its more stable then the mugen, but the xray's parts arent availiable at most places,
Old 07-25-2007, 09:38 AM
sly2136

I have a modded revo with a .21 and I race it at 3 or 4 different tracks and I also own ofna truggy that we race. and the revo as of past two race events has broke and set new track records on 3 different tracks that I race at. I currently have one lap more than any class from 1/10th scale up through 1/8th buggy and truggy class. but as stated before it takes some pretty serious money to build it up. between buying the revo and then modding it and radio gear its over 2 grand the way it sits. and depending on what your track rules are some places don't allow monster trucks to race with truggies.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:20 PM
2916jr

ORIGINAL: Blackhawk4

You could do what Cabbie did

http://www.truggyracers.com/forum/in...howtopic=10768

Revo + Truggy = Ruggy [8D]

would cost alot though
Trevo