Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

bubbles in fuel line

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 12:07 PM
rcplaneandcar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bubbles in fuel line

hi all i just replaced the fuel tank on my t maxx because i cracked the other one. ever since then ther has been air bubbles in the fuel line and ive replaced the lines lik 4 times. so im thinking its the tank. any i deas?
Old 07-23-2007, 12:37 PM
Dil

Default RE: bubbles in fuel line

are the bubbles flowing through while the truck is stationary?? when its moving and you come to a stop there can be some bubbles in the lines,, but if there are bubbles going through while the truck is stationary for awhile then u might have to do something about it

are you having any engine probs like overheating and stuff,, if you ant having any then I dont think that its going to be a problem
Old 07-23-2007, 02:12 PM
rcplaneandcar

ya over heating cutting out etc. the bubbles r in it when its running. what can be the prob?
Old 07-23-2007, 02:57 PM
DaveG55

Check the o-ring on the tank lid. It should be round w/o any nicks or cuts and form a tight seal when it's shut.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:49 AM
rcplaneandcar

ya the seal is fine. the tank is pretty mnuch brand new. this is annoying becuase i cant seem to fix it!!! and my mom is getting tired of takeing me to the hobby shoip lol
Old 07-24-2007, 12:46 PM
Danker16

test your tank for an an air leak place it in a bucket of water and hold the pressure line with your finger and blow thought the gas line and watch what happens. in the tank i see there is a little tube that sucks the fuel in, try to have a look at it remove the lid completely so u don't brake the cap.

also check the fuel line for rips, remove it form tank and filter, stretch it as much as u can and hold both holes with you fingers and place it in water if it gets water inside get a new one