Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

picco 26 settings ???

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 12:17 PM
warhead666

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default picco 26 settings ???

Ive got about 4 tanks thru my revo w/ my new picco max and Im wondering what the factory settings are and also any one suggestions. I havent even hit second gear yet and my idle is high.

thanx
Old 07-23-2007, 01:46 PM
RCCanuck

Default RE: picco 26 settings ???

(not shifting thats because you are running rich for break in...did you read the manual that came with the engine????Mine came with a sheet of paper with some badly translated Japanease...the settings are there...the HSN should be flush with the barrel housing...the LSN should be 1mm out from flush. Depending on where you are and what the temps and humidity levels are....Once you get arround 1/2 gallon through it you will notice a huge differance in performance.
there is also a whole thread dedicated to this engine you can check out
Old 07-23-2007, 05:30 PM
warhead666

thanks canuck , I only have the quick start guide I know there was another piece of paper w/ it but I cant find it. I even went to OFNA's web site and cant find factory settings.

You spoke of the HSN and the LSN but how bout' the idle screw ???

Ive done fingered around w/ all the screws...
Old 07-23-2007, 06:36 PM
warhead666

Can anyone give factory settings for all needles w/ 26maxx ???
Old 07-23-2007, 07:58 PM
RCCanuck

the idle stop screw should be set so that it leaves a 0.5mm gap when the throttle is fully closed.
take your air filter hose off the carb, look down the carb throat and set it just make sure you open the throttle to adjust idle stop screw.....it will idle better once it is fully broken in...for now you can just turn up your throttle on your radio a bit to keep it running. Once its broken then you can set the throttle stop screw to idle consistantley.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:06 AM
screamin chicken

I love my .26 Max in my Revo but it does take alot of tuning, mine is broke in but it did sit for about 6 months waiting on a part (carb) I finally got it to run real good then the next time i go to run it it will not shift and it breaks out and I did not change anything.Also on mine I keep chewing up the air tube with the Spur gear I cannot figure away to get more room from the spur gear to the carb.