Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

TQ3 Transmitter Battery....

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 08:05 AM
Demthios

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TQ3 Transmitter Battery....

Hey guys just got a quick question has anyone ever tried to wire in a Lipo battery to the TQ3 transmitter from a Revo 3.3 or any other that uses the same transmitter?
I have the spare lipo batteries sitting around all I would have to do is cut the power lines and splice in the connector right? And they are small enough (2 Cell) to fit
inside of the battery compartment with out really having to mod to much? Just let me know if it is even doable or if I'm gonna fry my Trans. Later
Old 07-24-2007, 08:16 AM
rawiswar

Default RE: TQ3 Transmitter Battery....

ORIGINAL: Demthios

Hey guys just got a quick question has anyone ever tried to wire in a Lipo battery to the TQ3 transmitter from a Revo 3.3 or any other that uses the same transmitter?
I have the spare lipo batteries sitting around all I would have to do is cut the power lines and splice in the connector right? And they are small enough (2 Cell) to fit
inside of the battery compartment with out really having to mod to much? Just let me know if it is even doable or if I'm gonna fry my Trans. Later

ok 9.6v for 8 aa batterys so i guess if its not over 9.6v i think you should be ok, but i am not sure
Old 07-24-2007, 08:31 AM
Demthios

Well isn't the 9.6v is if you are running the rechargeable AA's? Because standard AA's run 12V so really as long as you stay with in 12V I should be fine right?
Or am I just dreaming here LOL...Because the pack I have that's a spare is a 11.1V 3C and a 7.4V 2 cell. The three cell I think might be pushing it as in size,
but with some mods to the battery tray I think I could get it to fit. And by no means and I any type of electric understanding person...I can work on it just fine
but when it comes down to the numbers and such I'm normally not good at it, soldering iron great math suck.....
Old 07-24-2007, 08:40 AM
rawiswar

ORIGINAL: Demthios

Well isn't the 9.6v is if you are running the rechargeable AA's? Because standard AA's run 12V so really as long as you stay with in 12V I should be fine right?
Or am I just dreaming here LOL...Because the pack I have that's a spare is a 11.1V 3C and a 7.4V 2 cell. The three cell I think might be pushing it as in size,
but with some mods to the battery tray I think I could get it to fit. And by no means and I any type of electric understanding person...I can work on it just fine
but when it comes down to the numbers and such I'm normally not good at it, soldering iron great math suck.....

would definitly use the 2 cell i googled it and some people have success with it may be worth a try but its up to you in the end its your money lol
Old 07-24-2007, 08:41 AM
Dil

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXJUZ5**&P=ML

this is my transmitter,, and yes you can use rechargeable battereirs on theese,, my transmitter and most transmitters in its range come with a removable battery compartment, i use 8 AA 2700mah batteries,, you can choose to charge from a adapter and plug it directly to the transmitter

or for a faster better charge i plug it directly to my wall charger,

should work fine,, just keep it down to 12v