Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

2.5 truck with 3.3 question. HELP

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 05:33 PM
jetmd1967

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5 truck with 3.3 question. HELP

I have been out of the hobby for about 6 years and am just getting back into it. I had the .15 rustler and stampede 6 years ago and knew a lot about them. All this new technology has sort of left me in the dust. I have a T-maxx 2.5 that I recently put a new t-maxx 3.3 into it. I see all these videos and hear everyone talk about wheelies on demand. My T-maxx is very fast but does not pop a wheelie. I got a new 72 spur gear and 12 slipper friction pegs and its pretty tight. Is the internal gearing in the 2.5 alot different than the 3.3 stock gearing? Is the 3.3 the same clutch bell or are the teeth different. Like I said it is very fast but still no wheelies but has a very good high end speed. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I don't neccesarly want to ride wheelies but want a got punch at lower speeds.

Hope to hear from you guys.

Mike
Old 07-23-2007, 05:50 PM
rawiswar

Default RE: 2.5 truck with 3.3 question. HELP

ORIGINAL: jetmd1967

I have been out of the hobby for about 6 years and am just getting back into it. I had the .15 rustler and stampede 6 years ago and knew a lot about them. All this new technology has sort of left me in the dust. I have a T-maxx 2.5 that I recently put a new t-maxx 3.3 into it. I see all these videos and hear everyone talk about wheelies on demand. My T-maxx is very fast but does not pop a wheelie. I got a new 72 spur gear and 12 slipper friction pegs and its pretty tight. Is the internal gearing in the 2.5 alot different than the 3.3 stock gearing? Is the 3.3 the same clutch bell or are the teeth different. Like I said it is very fast but still no wheelies but has a very good high end speed. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I don't neccesarly want to ride wheelies but want a got punch at lower speeds.

Hope to hear from you guys.

Mike

ok i had a t maxx 2.5 and it wheelied good

the t maxx 3.3 slipper clutch is similiar to the revo as the t maxx 2.5 is different

try stiffening the rear shocks

when i had a t maxx 3.3 i had stiffer shocks and it would wheelie in reverse as well

Old 07-23-2007, 05:53 PM
jetmd1967

Good idea on the shocks. When I punch it the bottom does drop. My stampede had stiff shocks and I could barely keep the front wheels on the ground. Anybody else have any suggestions?

Mike
Old 07-23-2007, 05:58 PM
rawiswar

Good idea on the shocks. When I punch it the bottom does drop. My stampede had stiff shocks and I could barely keep the front wheels on the ground. Anybody else have any suggestions?

Mike

also with the trx engines humidity is a problem, one day it would not wheelie at all it was really humid though lol

and yes i can tune (dont need a temp gun i just listen to the engine and it tells me if the engine is running good etc....)
Old 07-23-2007, 06:01 PM
jetmd1967

Hey Rawiswar...Thats all a guys needs to tune. A good set of ears and eyes. The weather in Michigan is always different so you get real good at tuning.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:03 PM
rawiswar

Hey Rawiswar...Thats all a guys needs to tune. A good set of ears and eyes. The weather in Michigan is always different so you get real good at tuning.

lol sounds like the uk we get hot cold rain humid different all the time and with the trx engine i spend more time tuning, if the engine is being good i richen it a little but if its being bad i punish by leaning it out for max performance
Old 07-26-2007, 12:27 AM
91litesho

OF COURSE IF ITS A NEW ENGINE, IT WILL NEED A LIL TIME TO BREAK ITSELF IN , TO LOOSEN UP A LIL.