Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

please help! i want to go muddin'

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 07:36 PM
muddinrc4life

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help! i want to go muddin'

hi! i finally got my truck running good. i want to take it to a mud pit, but i was wonderin' if i need to seal anything on my truck please help!
Old 07-25-2007, 07:38 PM
ashburg

Default RE: please help!

yes, you need to seal alot of things, especially if you're in Sumter heheheheh....just Kidding, I'm in Columbia, wasaaaaaaaaap

seriously, put a baloon around each servo with a zip tie and around the receiver and battery (separate balloons ) and mud ride until the jet planes come home.

ORIGINAL: muddinrc4life

hi! i finally got my truck running good. i want to take it to a mud pit, but i was wonderin' if i need to seal anything on my truck please help!
Old 07-25-2007, 07:49 PM
lue_sepher

Default RE: please help!

you should also pack under the servo horn with some grease it will stop water/mud from getting in your servos
Old 07-26-2007, 08:50 PM
muddinrc4life

Default RE: please help! i want to go muddin'

thanks!
Old 07-27-2007, 12:49 PM
carlbellybutton10

would it be the same for like driving in the rain or somthin like that? could you use seran wrap and just sover the electronics (just keep it clear of the enginge and spur gear?)?
Old 07-27-2007, 01:02 PM
ashburg

use the balloon...you need it sealed up good no matter what.

ORIGINAL: carlbellybutton10

would it be the same for like driving in the rain or somthin like that? could you use seran wrap and just sover the electronics (just keep it clear of the enginge and spur gear?)?
Old 07-27-2007, 06:03 PM
BRUSHLESS BASHER

http://www.societyofrobots.com/actua...of_servo.shtml I'm going to fill them with mineral oil (baby oil) seal it with super glue, then dip them in plasti-dip. this also works on receivers and ESCs. and as for the battery, just put it in a ballon, and ziptie and silicone the end. I'm also going to use slimline safety connectors to help seal the battery - y - receiver connector, and the servo y connectors. but be prepared to replace bearings often.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:22 PM
jkdv8
My Feedback: (1)

make some wheel wells. less trouble than trying to "proof" everything.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:02 PM
BRUSHLESS BASHER

I'm gonna laugh my a** off when you go mudboggin with your revo/tmaxx and destroy all your electronics, and wonder why they just smoke when you turn them on, then come asking us for help. wheel wells are a good idea if your stuf is already proofed, but not at all a substitute for proofing.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:46 PM
jkdv8

i have done it before no problem. its more like water resistant with the electric cars. nearly impossible to water "proof" an electric anyways. you should know that brushless. it would be fine if hes just muddin. submerging is a differant story but if your submerging an electric in water, water "proofed" or not its more than likely going to mess something up(cant really water "proof" an electric motor without it overheating not to mention "proofing" servos so they still work efficiently without binding and burning the motor and/or batteries up). im assuming you know the differance in water "proof" and water resistant? not to mention with the wheel wells there is alot less to clean up. lets see here 2 hours max to water proof everything and then 2 hours to clean everything up versus 15 min. to make some wheel wells out of something and 2 seconds for clean up time (depending on if you just rip them off or clean and save them for next time). if you do it right you wont have any problems.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:20 PM
dirt101

id like to see your wheel wells. I dont think it would be enough but it does sound like a cool idea to keep the truck clean.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:21 PM
rawiswar

ORIGINAL: dirt101

id like to see your wheel wells. I dont think it would be enough but it does sound like a cool idea to keep the truck clean.

what do you mean by wheel wells i dont understand lol
Old 07-29-2007, 04:03 PM
jkdv8

i should of took some pictures of them but i threw them away awhile ago. here lately with all the rain i just made a little box surrounding all of the electronics as well as a box for the sterring servo. camera needs a charge or would take a pic of that. just i used the foil tape (a/c|heating duct work tape) and just formed them around the wheels and cut little holes for the suspension components (leave clearance for suspension travel). when i did them i stuck them to the body. it looks pretty good to if you dont bend the tape to much while your forming them.