Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 07:07 PM
Big T-Maxx Jones

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help!

ok a while ago a mother in my neighborhood decided she hated my t-maxx and sent her kid out and somehow figured out the frequency of my truck.... ran it over the hill onto its back revved the piss out of it which blew up the motor, luckily the rest of my drivetrain is still ok

ok i replaced the motor so i have a new OS .18 CV-R, he killed my receiver and my throttle servo mount, and the throttle servo so i was wonderin what you guys would suggest on a new throttle servo and a radio/ reciever combo and if i could use a aluminum servo mount?

any suggestions are appreciated
Old 07-26-2007, 07:15 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: help!

Wow honestly, I couldn't tell you what Id do to that kid and his house since the mods would delete it right away but he would remember it for the rest of his life..... Anyway, what kind of radio do you want. Your choices are stock AM,FM,Synth, or 2.4GHz synth. For Synth Id suggest the Futaba 3pm and Jr XS3 Pro, and for 2.4ghz which is the best id suggest Futaba 3PM FASST. Good luck and make sure you pay that kid back![8D][>:]
Old 07-26-2007, 07:20 PM
Big T-Maxx Jones

oh trust me i wasnt a very happy guy!! ok heres the deal im 15 and just bought a 76 corvette which im restorin so im pretty much broke

but luckily my grandma who i never see is in town so she said she would buy me the parts but i dont want it to be really expensive, i want a radio that will make it pretty hard for others to control my car and is kinda cheap, and i have a venom smartemp so i do have a failsafe
Old 07-26-2007, 07:34 PM
DaveG55

Any of the DSS systems will prevent your truck from being "taken over". That's the whole point of it really. The Spketrum is probably the least expensive system but there are others to choose from. Either am or fm can be overridden/interfered with.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:37 PM
PiccoLow

Did he use another remote to do this or what?
Old 07-26-2007, 07:37 PM
drag racer

that sucks. haha you should wake up early one day and drive your truck in front of their house[8D][&:]jk jk
Old 07-26-2007, 07:51 PM
Big T-Maxx Jones

ya he used another remote, dont ask me how he figured it out cuz i have no clue, i finally got it fixed and tuned nicely and its goin down the street and i hit the brakes and it slows down and then it just takes off so im sitting there goin what the heck? so i start bookin after it, and after i caught it and shut it down i see this kid with a remote coming out of a big pine tree and i just happened to have one of those big powerbolt lacrosse balls beside me....

i think i was lookin at the futaba 3pm or something along that line? so you guys have any suggestions on a throttle servo? and is a aluminum servo mount ok or is it goin to break pretty easily?
Old 07-26-2007, 08:05 PM
drag racer

i have an aluminum mount and have never broke it. i have a hitec something or other servo(i think)
Old 07-26-2007, 08:11 PM
PiccoLow

OH yea now is when I'd get a remote to operate their TV and wait till Lil Johnny and his mom sit down to watch TV....Well you can picture what channel I'd put em on..

Honestly, you can get a higher end radio, but if she/he wants to jam your frequency it's asimple process to accomplish
Old 07-26-2007, 08:29 PM
Big T-Maxx Jones

theres a great thing about moving.... no more stupid people that you know... well atleast till you meet your neighbors lol

i figured somethin bad was goin to happen eventually cuz i was using the stock radio[:@]

so any suggestions on the radio? im thinkin like $150 maybe somethin that will work well

i think i might go with the aluminum servo mount, but still anyone have a good throttle servo suggestion?
Old 07-26-2007, 08:34 PM
rawiswar

ORIGINAL: Big T-Maxx Jones

theres a great thing about moving.... no more stupid people that you know... well atleast till you meet your neighbors lol

i figured somethin bad was goin to happen eventually cuz i was using the stock radio[:@]

so any suggestions on the radio? im thinkin like $150 maybe somethin that will work well

i think i might go with the aluminum servo mount, but still anyone have a good throttle servo suggestion?

you want a good cheap 2.4ghz radio get a spektrum dx2 or dx3
Old 07-26-2007, 09:09 PM
DaveG55

ORIGINAL: PiccoLow

OH yea now is when I'd get a remote to operate their TV and wait till Lil Johnny and his mom sit down to watch TV....Well you can picture what channel I'd put em on..

Honestly, you can get a higher end radio, but if she/he wants to jam your frequency it's asimple process to accomplish
Ok, just out of curiosity, how do you go about "jamming" a 2.4ghz Digital Spread Spektrum system?

I'm just wondering since it's resistance to jamming is exactly why the military has invested so much into it.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:19 PM
6speednissan

Get a spektrum and drive it back and forth ONLY in front of their house at WOT, or wait until they have family over for a Sunday afternoon outside and then drive it in front of their house. I'm not usually one to start trouble, but when someone does something as ignorant as that they deserve it. On the plus side you have an excuse to buy all new stuff.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:58 PM
PiccoLow

ORIGINAL: DaveG55

Ok, just out of curiosity, how do you go about "jamming" a 2.4ghz Digital Spread Spektrum system?

I'm just wondering since it's resistance to jamming is exactly why the military has invested so much into it.

Old 07-27-2007, 03:42 PM
Big T-Maxx Jones

haha ya trust me im thinkin about it, problem is my mom wants me to pack it up for the move and i really want to get if fixed, only problem is the spektrum dx3 is around 250 and thats way to much for my grandma to pay for i know its a good radio cuz one of my friends has it but i need to find somethin cheaper, so any servo by hitec would be good for the throttle?

if i get the truck runnin soon im gonna have some fun right in front of there house lol

i dont get how someone can go out and destroy a $600 piece of machinery and not feel bad! i went up and talked to her and she refused to pay for the damage!! quote"i will not pay to fix this stupid childish toy, it makes too much noise and is a waste of steel so im happy i broke it" i was sitting there like wt_ i was a little hot[:@]
Old 07-27-2007, 04:02 PM
bud09

i would of went to the kid and beat the living ____ out of he. she'd get the picture then.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:09 PM
jkdv8
My Feedback: (1)

@!#%$ neighbors. lawsuit!! got a good lawyer. that !#$% would really piss me off. i would be tempted to do something rash. a few of my neighbors are like that. losers with nothing better to do. i would pay one of the other neighborhood kids to beat the stupid out of that kid (or a friends kid that is around the same age). i would get the dss system with loudest pipe i could find and blast past their house for hours on end(early mornin, late evening) just not to early/late where it would be a noise violation. im not petty and dont try to raise peoples hair but at the same time i wouldnt put up with that b.s.. i actually dont drive mine as much as i would like because of that very reason. kinda miss my old neighborhood because of this. nobody said nothing about mine even driving at dark. wait for a good rain, make it 2 wheel drive, tighten the slipper and tear her yard up(flower bed, garden). or burn in the yard how much she owes you for replacement parts.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:18 PM
Big T-Maxx Jones

iv seen the kid a couple times lately and everytime he sees me you see him runnin for cover lol

so is everyone set on the spektrum dx3 and gettin a hitec servo?
Old 07-27-2007, 04:37 PM
jkdv8
My Feedback: (1)

you could just get a few sets of x-tals. keep em guessing. did you have the stock body on it? if so that might of givin away your channel#. although a radio upgrade wont hurt hate to see the reason behind it is pos neighbors. have you had problems with them in the past? have they asked you politely to put it away? if people are polite about it i will do so but if they want to be ignorant, well.......
although i had a neighbor in my old neighborhood was into rc(well kinda but he could never get his to run from what i heard) that did that to my 4-tec. no way to prove it but it was the only explanation. thinkin he did it out of spite when all he had to do was ask for help. guess he was to proud.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:49 PM
bud09

my nieghbors like my t-maxx. sum kids like it wen i run it. they tell me 2 get it out and case them wen they r u there little power wheels. im not jokin either.
this is my t-maxx. yes its from traxxas but i hav no camera of my own.
Attached Images  
Old 07-27-2007, 08:28 PM
Big T-Maxx Jones

they had never told me it was bothering them or anything, just took it into there own hands, i had a aftermarket body so idk how she figured it out but she did

the reciever is shot so im not gonna replace it with a stock one, so im gonna upgrade the receiver and remote at the same time
Old 07-28-2007, 06:25 AM
RCCanuck

Personally I think theres 3 sides to every story.....1-his side 2- her side 3- the truth
My BS detector is coming unwrapped[>:]