Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

3.3 maxx wont start

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 11:26 AM
birel19

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3.3 maxx wont start

the last time I used my 3.3 Maxx was in june, now when i take it out to use again it wont start.
I returned the carb back to factory settings, put a new glow plug in and charged my batts.

What do you think it could be? And dont tell me to trash the 3.3 I just upgraded from a 2.5 and cant afford a new engine
Old 08-28-2007, 11:44 AM
Beasley1

Default RE: 3.3 maxx wont start

Trash the 3.3, lol. JK

Is it getting fuel. Blow in the line and prime it. Start with that.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:49 AM
tmaxx1701

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Did you run your tank dry or just leave any left over fuel in the tank/lines. The lines or carb could be gummed up. When you are turning over the engine can you see the fuel move up the line to the carb?? If your plug is good it is a good bet that you are not getting fuel into the engine.

These are the first places I would look.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:18 AM
pbinor

Is your fuel fresh? Old fuel can accumulate moisture.
Is your EZ-Start working correctly? Try pulling your glowplug and grounding it to the head or whatever and make sure it "glows" when EZ-Start is applied.
IMHO EZ-Start may be the weak link. I have been running Traxxas stuff for a few years now and whenever I have a starting problem, switching to an igniter and pullstart fixes it. EZ is just so convenient it's hard to give up.
Mentioned before, but did you prime before trying to start? Some 3.3's absolutely won't start without being primed. Maybe yours turned into one..
Old 09-17-2007, 06:44 AM
ajb1205

When my 3.3 was still kicking I had a similar problem...was having issues with the tuning so I went back to factory settings. The only problem is this makes it super rich (for breakin, of course) and I had a heck of a time starting it even then. I had to lean my hsn a little (can't remember how much) just so it would start. Like the other guys said, prime it but also make sure your glow plug is good to go.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:56 PM
DGMaxx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 to ajb1205. If you good tune was a lot leaner then the factory settings you may need to lean it out some. As a rule of thumb, after my motor is broken in and have good performace I write down my needle turn and then add 1/4 to the HSN and a 1/8 to the LSN and use them as my "factory" settings. Keeping note of when that tune was done as far as outside temp and humidity and adjust if needed on the day after major repairs.