Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

REVO Science Project!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 07:39 PM
So Cal

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default REVO Science Project!

I have a science project due for school on monday, i have to take to things and see which is better. The first thing that came to mind was R/C! Scince i have two sets of tires for my revo(talons, and sporttraxx) I have measured out 100 ft and am going to see which gets better times on soft dirt and asfalt. I have a pretty good idea that the sporttraxxtires will do better. But we will se in a little while. My friend is coming over to help me time it. Ill also have pictures. I bet no one else will have done anything with R/C's exept me! I just think its really cool i can use my revo to get a good grade in school!

Aaron
Old 09-27-2007, 07:49 PM
Danker16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: REVO Science Project!

whats is the science project exactly, maybe we could come up with something more exciting
Old 09-27-2007, 07:53 PM
calvino

naw, that sounds prety cool, just remember to do multiple runs for best results
Old 09-27-2007, 08:09 PM
Danker16

yeah, thinking it does! make sure you take a tire as an example or do a drawing to show the design to have an idea how traction works on different surfaces
Old 09-27-2007, 08:38 PM
So Cal

Well i just did tree runs with each set of tires on soft dirt in 100ft. the results.....

Sporttraxx-
Run 1. 4.01sec.
Run 2. 3.75sec.
Run 3. 4.02sec.

Traxxas talons
Run 1. 4.26sec.
Run 2. 3.55sec.
Run 3. 4.26sec.

AVG Times-
Sporttraxx- 3.92 sec.
Traxxas Talons- 4.02sec.

As you can see in soft dirt, the Spottraxx tires Beat the Talons by .10 seconds, not much but if you where racing that .10 second would make a big difference.
Tomorrow i will be testing the Tires on asfalt to see if the surface makes a difference.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:06 PM
Krawlin

Last year, for my "freshman division" science project at my school, I did "How a 2 stroke nitro engine works and how the environment and tuning can affect it." It was really pretty neat, and it made me alot better at tuning my nitro's. And the school let me run it in the football field, and I got about 10 other people at school into the hobby, and also formed and RC club at my school called "The Yellowjacket Bashers." We do runs with strictly nitro trucks on fridays for the whole day, and we were able to get permission to become exempt from all school work on fridays to run our trucks, but the only condition was that we do some kind of change to the truck every time and submit our re****s to the principle, but a very small price to pay for getting exempt from all of every fridays school work and getting to run our nitro's. And luckily, the teachers actually like to come and watch, and we got out science teacher into it (he now has a LST). So unfortunately, you arent the first to do an expirement with an RC, you should persue trying to get the other kids into the hobby, and maybe even form a club if there are enough kids into it. Good luck on your project, and I hope it works out well for you.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:13 PM
So Cal

Wow! thats awseome!!!! I know people that have lst2's and t-maxxes that go to my school,....hmmmm
Old 09-27-2007, 09:17 PM
calvino

^^ I agree, that is toally coooooool. I can see how this science fair project could turn into a great thread for racers wanting the best tires, also, why not note what makes what tire better and worse... IMO a little more stuff for you to do, besides homework, and running the nitro...
Old 09-27-2007, 09:22 PM
So Cal

ORIGINAL: calvino
I can see how this science fair project could turn into a great thread for racers wanting the best tires,
Any body want to donate some tires to get tested?
Old 09-27-2007, 09:29 PM
Krawlin

ORIGINAL: So Cal Nitro Basher

Wow! thats awseome!!!! I know people that have lst2's and t-maxxes that go to my school,....hmmmm
Yeah thats what everyone says when they hear about it. It really is great, and it prevent me from having a weekend full of homework. I have actually gotten exempt from 10 page essays that a teacher assigned on a Friday because of the way the club works. And we are currently coming up on the first anniversery of the club, and we will get to have a half time bash at the homecoming game coming next week. Its gonna be great. We have a bunch of huge ramps built, and we are getting all of our trucks set up for getting major air, supreme durabilty, and awesome bash-ability. And we are currently trying to get the principal into the hobby.

And since you say you know some other people at your school with nitro trucks, really go after trying to start a club. You may not get as lucky as I in getting exempt from assignments and just having to give the principle some results for changes we made, but at least you might be able to get a club setup where you could bash during lunch hour.

One thing you need to remember though when starting a club like that, is the issues concerning nitro fuel. Because its so flammable, we had alot of trouble getting our club started, but because we got our science teacher into it through my science experiment, he backed us up when it came to bringing the club idea to the school board. To get the fuel to school on fridays, we bring it to our bus stop, and we can only bring 1 gallon each, so 10 gallons total, and we set it in a spot, the bus driver pulls over off of the street, we taker a seat in the bus, and the bus drivers loads the fuel gallons into the little cargo areas on the side of the bus. We had to get it setup this way because the school board didnt want kids handling that dangerous stuff near the bus, but after we get to the school, we just get a wagon, and pull it out to the field. And again, your school board may not be so allowing, because even with ours, myself and our science teacher had to fight the school for about 2 months before we could finally get them to understand the we werent going to do anything bad with the fuel. So you may have to have an "electrics only" RC club if your school board isnt as leinent. And currently, myself and 2 other kids bring E-Maxxes along with our nitros.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:38 PM
So Cal

ORIGINAL: Jolly Roger Pirate

Yeah thats what everyone says when they hear about it. It really is great, and it prevent me from having a weekend full of homework. I have actually gotten exempt from 10 page essays that a teacher assigned on a Friday because of the way the club works. And we are currently coming up on the first anniversery of the club, and we will get to have a half time bash at the homecoming game coming next week. Its gonna be great. We have a bunch of huge ramps built, and we are getting all of our trucks set up for getting major air, supreme durabilty, and awesome bash-ability. And we are currently trying to get the principal into the hobby.

And since you say you know some other people at your school with nitro trucks, really go after trying to start a club. You may not get as lucky as I in getting exempt from assignments and just having to give the principle some results for changes we made, but at least you might be able to get a club setup where you could bash during lunch hour.

One thing you need to remember though when starting a club like that, is the issues concerning nitro fuel. Because its so flammable, we had alot of trouble getting our club started, but because we got our science teacher into it through my science experiment, he backed us up when it came to bringing the club idea to the school board. To get the fuel to school on fridays, we bring it to our bus stop, and we can only bring 1 gallon each, so 10 gallons total, and we set it in a spot, the bus driver pulls over off of the street, we taker a seat in the bus, and the bus drivers loads the fuel gallons into the little cargo areas on the side of the bus. We had to get it setup this way because the school board didnt want kids handling that dangerous stuff near the bus, but after we get to the school, we just get a wagon, and pull it out to the field. And again, your school board may not be so allowing, because even with ours, myself and our science teacher had to fight the school for about 2 months before we could finally get them to understand the we werent going to do anything bad with the fuel. So you may have to have an "electrics only" RC club if your school board isnt as leinent. And currently, myself and 2 other kids bring E-Maxxes along with our nitros.
Ya i would probably come across the same problem....and i dont have any electrics, besides my micro-t.....ohh well ill talk to my schilce teacher.....
Old 09-27-2007, 09:49 PM
Krawlin

Ya i would probably come across the same problem....and i dont have any electrics, besides my micro-t.....ohh well ill talk to my schilce teacher.....
Yeah your best bet is to get a teacher that you can rely on, on your side. Then, talk to them about the club, write up a decent club constitution, but dont push it and ask to be exempt from assignments (my principle thought of that, and I wasnt going to argue with it.). Then talk to all of the other kids about the club, and make sure that they all come with you when you talk to the principle and give him/her the constitution. Also be sure the teacher you talked with about the club is there too. Once you get the principle to approve the club, have him/her help you out as far as how to get the fuel to and from school safely. At first with our club, we just had our parents take turns each week in bringing the fuel to school, but then we got it approved by the school board to bring it on the bus. Good luck, and hopefully you will be able to get a club started.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:51 PM
So Cal

Thanx, i am going to try.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:53 PM
Krawlin

BTW PEOPLE!!! If I can I will get some pictures of the Half-Time Bash at the upcoming Home Coming game at our school. Its gonna be great, and I will let you know of some of the cool features about the Half Time Bash soon.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:43 PM
So Cal

Well i think the club is out the window, i got in trouble during science class.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:23 PM
calvino

should I ask, I think we should pick this up in the of topic forum, I fogot what car you were running[8D]
Old 09-28-2007, 07:28 PM
So Cal

Good idea. It is a Revo 2.5.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:39 PM
Krawlin

You got in trouble in a Science class? Lol, thats the one subject that I have never gotten in trouble in... Its usually English with me

I would still ask the teacher anyway, and if he/she says no, go to another teacher and ask them.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:19 PM
So Cal

Good point. well here are a few pics my friend took while messing around after the testing.....

Old 09-28-2007, 09:23 PM
calvino

Good point. well here are a few pics my friend took while messing around after the testing.....

NICE, that makes me want to get an RC more and more[8D]
Old 09-28-2007, 09:48 PM
So Cal

Calvino, u dont have a r/c???? man you do need to get one (revo) and whenever you are out in riverside we could BASH!!!!! She wasnt runnin so good in these pics....but it was still fun....
Old 10-01-2007, 07:15 PM
So Cal

Old 10-01-2007, 08:29 PM
NitroVenom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those pics really make me want to run the stock wheels and tires for some reason...[sm=50_50.gif] I stil haven't put them back together since I dyed the wheels black.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:34 PM
d3d5

i need to get a club started at my school i have a science project coming up soon i'll do a rc 1 and try to get people into it
Old 10-01-2007, 08:46 PM
So Cal

ORIGINAL: NitroVenom

Those pics really make me want to run the stock wheels and tires for some reason...[sm=50_50.gif] I stil haven't put them back together since I dyed the wheels black.
How did you get them off the rim? and how did you dye them?

Aaron

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.