Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

E-MAXX & A123 Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 08:24 PM
linkadrip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-MAXX & A123 Batteries

Well today i charged my 4 ,3300 Nimah batteries for my E-maxx and took it out and run it around and on each set of packs only got about 5 minutes of run time maximum. these 4 Pack have been charged and discharged numerous amounts of time and are over a year old So i'm thinking there at the end of there life. I charged them up again and the same thing. They are strong at first then After 5 minutes just poop out and the truck goes Blah Slows down to a creaping crawl.

So i have been looking at new batteries and was wondering if anyone has taken there E-maxx ANd put these A123 Li-Ion batteries in one seems alot of people are using them for planes and other applications. My E-maxx has the stock Motors and Novak speed control.

Well wouldnt mind Hearing about it if you have done this. I dont know alot abount making batteries i have read up on the A123 Batteries But dont know if they would Fri the speed control or how to make the packs so they would work in the truck how many cells to use. they appear to be long.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6590509/tm.htm

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6995102/tm.htm

Thread on the A123 cells there are many. Just wondering if anyone has done this. I just run my Truck around for leisure not into racing or bashing it. But wouldnt mind having some batteries that have good power and last a long time. If its impractical then i'll just buy some new ones from tower for it.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:03 AM
linkadrip

Default RE: E-MAXX & A123 Batteries

I thought Someone might have done this to there E-maxx. Come on People no one has done it yet. Would like to know if it has been done or even been thought of being done. I know there are people out there more Knowledgable then i am. I want to do it but i dont want to ruin my ESC that's my main fear of burning it up. Buy using a different type of battery.
The li-ion batteries Claim to be lighter and the charge wont drop off like a Ni-mah battery does. i think this would be great in the E-maxx Full power right till the End. Hate it when the truck looses power then Goes Blah and creeps around like its sick.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:12 AM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: E-MAXX & A123 Batteries

I've heard of a few and other than fitting in the chassis it should be a great match (e-maxx and A-123) Ideally you could use 2 series cells on the one side that powers the esc/servos, and use the balance of the cells on the other side up tio the max voltage of the esc. 5S might be perfect. 4-6 S is good.