Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

Metal spur gear for Revo too close to car intake???

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Metal spur gear for Revo too close to car intake???

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 08:32 PM
benjaminwiseman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Metal spur gear for Revo too close to car intake???

I bought a imex metal spur gear for my revo. My question is am I supposed to use the colored metal ring that says "imex rcone" on it?? I used the supplied screws that it came with along with the metal ring and it is really close to the carb intake. The stock gear is close but this is super close, I think traxxas didn't think this design out? Should I take off the metal ring?? Someone needs to invent a truck with easy spur gear replacement!! Thanks
Old 03-27-2008, 09:06 PM
NitroVenom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Metal spur gear for Revo too close to car intake???

LOL well I doesn't like it would be traxxas's fault for the aftermarket metal spur being really close to the carb now does it.. What's the gearing on new metal spur?
Old 03-28-2008, 06:29 AM
benjaminwiseman

it is 40 tooth
Old 03-28-2008, 11:58 AM
NitroVenom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 40 tooth on mine right now but its plastic. I don't think the metal spur is as far back as it should be. Mine is about a quarter of an inch away from the air filter neck. As long as its not touching and the spur gear isn't gonna move(front to back) then you should be fine running it.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:43 AM
JohnnyBenz22

The same thing happened to me i putted on a 38 tooth steel spure gear from integy and its reall close, its so close that it cut a straigth hole on the air filter, and had melted about 2 to 3mm of the carb. I dont know if the melted plastic got into the engine but it stills runs good.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:38 PM
revoskid32

buy a motorsaver, problem fixed.
Old 03-29-2008, 02:35 PM
beer=food
Banned

Traxxas designed it like that knowing full well what it meant, do you think they want you fitting a revo out with after market hop ups or traxxas hop ups ?
The engine mount is another, although its one of the best heatsink engine mounts on the market, no question, its an anus to fit other brand engines to the revo, still wondering why ?
And usually the gap between the air intake pipe and spur gear is a sign of how bent or twisted the chassis is/can be. LOL trust me hahaha. crunch !
And your final question or statement, guess what digger, the baja has one of the easiest spur gear replacement set up designs out there, well done HPI, lm almost finished building it, up to the shocks, yea yea its not a TRUCK lol, its a gasser, and you sound like you want it easy/lazy, erm, like me at times, maybe try one next time, l went for this over another revo, the revo will have to wait 6 months now, LOL, l have , forest gumped the chassis, you know ,stupid is a stupid does !