Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Revo 3.3 vs. T-Maxx 3.3

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 11:04 AM
MaxxOrange

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Revo 3.3 vs. T-Maxx 3.3

yeah my uncle has a tmaxx (that is rarely driven) and has 2 revos, one for racing and one for just bashing and having fun with, and he says he likes the revos alot better than the tmaxx. i know because ive driven both trucks and the revo handles better, is faster, and just more fun to drive than the tmaxx, you dont gotta worry about bashin too hard with the revo because its a super durable truck that wont let you down. although i cant say the same thing for the tmaxx lol, nah tmaxxes are good trucks they just arent better or more popular than the revo
Old 03-29-2008, 11:25 AM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: bowyorang

I needed EVERYTHING for my Revo 3.3 that I purchased last week. I think that I have about $650 in it so far including fuel, batteries (AA and nimh), cute little carrying thing for my fuel that hold a couple wrenches fuel bottle ect, and a temp gun.
So far this thing has been awesome. Only a couple little setbacks on it so far. The first day I striped out the inner part of the wheel rim. It holds a little plastic hex piece in it. The hex piece striped out to round and when I went and bought a new one I realized that where it fits into was also stripped around it. I ended up having to super glue it in and so far it has held. I did win an ebay auction last night for set of aluminum hex pieces that I will exchange out for the plastic ones in the other wheels.

Good luck!!!
I had the same thing happen to my REVO when I first got it. Soon after I got it; I was landing hard off a jump(s) or something and it stripped out some, if not all of the hexes where the tire/wheel fit into. Thats when someone gave me the link to a I think its a east coast company that had a set of aluminum hexes for like under 15.00 including shipping. I havent had any problems though since I upgraded the wheel hexes to aluminum ones.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:28 AM
MaxxOrange

you can get aluminum wheel hexes? wow i gotta check that out. do you have a link or something? i live on the east coast.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:34 AM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: VXL TACO

you can get aluminum wheel hexes? wow i gotta check that out. do you have a link or something? i live on the east coast.
If I can find the link to the company; I will post it here or private message ya with the link to the site...
Old 03-29-2008, 11:38 AM
MaxxOrange

thanks alot man, because i have had the same problem before, lucky i had an extra rear wheel hex. some aluminum ones would be very nice, and the price sounds reasonable too
Old 03-29-2008, 11:39 AM
Mspeed

Locktite your wheel nuts and they will not loosen up and strip the hexes. I never needed the alum. ones. Every new revo owner should do that before they even break it in!
Old 03-29-2008, 11:53 AM
MaxxOrange

whats locktite?
Old 03-29-2008, 11:58 AM
Mspeed

go to any hardware store or automotive store and ask for the blue locktite and then take off all your wheel nuts on your revo and put some of the blue stuff on the axles and screw the nuts back on. Its a really easy inexpensive fix. It forms a light bond on the nut so it will not come loose. Its just enough to lock them on but you can get them off if you need to.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:08 PM
MaxxOrange

thats just what i need! because sometimes my wheel flies off know what i mean? its happened more than once and a few times i was luckey enough to find the axle pin and wheel nut.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:10 PM
MaxxOrange

so i can go to advance auto parts right now and buy it?
Old 03-29-2008, 12:33 PM
Mspeed

Yes, they should have it in stock. And do all four wheels its a must on the Revo or you will damage your hexes and wheels and they will be toast fast.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:38 PM
MaxxOrange

alright thanks ill go a little later
Old 03-30-2008, 12:11 PM
Nighthawk z450

ORIGINAL: VXL BURRITO

That's what I wanna hear Nighthawk. You have both and the Revo is better. I'm still doing some research on the Revo and it looks like the truck for me.
Just dont get me wrong,i'm not bashing the t maxx's, i love my maxx it is a great truck! it realy is.
I broke alot of parts on my maxx bashing it, which was fine i wanted to build a pretty much bullet proof maxx, so i replaced parts untill i have what i think is pretty close to bullet proof. but i am just in amazment at how im driving this stock revo, over the same terrain (actuly im being harder on it) as the maxx, and it hasnt broke yet. Great truck!
Old 04-01-2008, 07:27 PM
novakmaxx

ORIGINAL: VXL BURRITO

I am looking at getting one of these. I'm right now looking at videos and seeing which one people say is better. What I will mostly be doing is bashing offroad, and doing some pretty good jumps. Which would you guys choose and why? I'm trying to decide, and the T-Maxx looks like it has more suspension than the Revo, but what about speed? Thanks for the help.
I revo haev more travel than the t-maxx. I think the revo is a little more faster than the t-maxx. I revo is better than the t-maxx off road. Get the revo.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:35 PM
VXL BURRITO

I don't wanna have to rebuild anything lol, I don't find it very fun . Getting the Revo looks like my best bet. Lifting the Revo higher than the Savage looks pretty sick. Keeping it stock looks pretty cool too though.

I may take out a loan to get it too. kill 2 birds w/ one stone? Trying to build my credit... I'm 18.

I'm gonna get:
-Revo 3.3
-Fuel Bottle 500cc
-temperature gauge
-traxxas top fuel 20%
-Traxxas Super Duty Long Glow Plug
All of this is from TowerHobbies.

am I missing anything?