Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

got my revo 2.5 (tmaxx owner)

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 09:32 PM
Nighthawk z450

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got my revo 2.5 (tmaxx owner)

Well i got my revo the other day. got it on ebay for $235 bucks, came complete with everything, and even all the little extra things they come with when new.Also came with a brand new set of VERY beefy integy aluminum bumpers, and aluminum bumper mounts.
(i put the bumpers on the stock plastic mounts, aluminum is not the thing to use on bumper "mounts")
Nice truck VERY good shape, looks like it was run a couple times and stuck in the closet lol.
Previos owner only put 2 qt's of fuel through it, lots of compression, and once i got it sealed and tuned it runs very well.

Now i have a very heavly modded t maxx with an rb323, and i've always loved t maxx's, my brother in law has a 3.3 revo and i drove it a couple times (pavment only) and always thought it was "ok". knowing my dailed in rb tmaxx could smoke it pretty much on any terrain.
But i've been hearing so many good things about the revos, and saw how well they worked at the track, and so i have been watching for good deals on them. found that one. i cant say enough how easy this thing is to work on, and how well thought out it is, the motor mount setup alone is a work of art, the suspension is nothing short of amazing (compared to my tmaxx), when the truck came it was set at it's highest suspension setting, and with 0 toe in in the rear at all.

So needless to say the 1st time i drove it in my little "backyard bash area" was nothing very impressive, and it made me feel like getting the tmaxx out lol.
But after spending some time tuning the suspension setup, droping it where it should be, and adding toe, ect.
took it back out and Wow, this thing is realy something, i've been in R/c for a long time and it's amazing how well this thing handles and takes terrain. I already have a set of progressive2 rockers on the way , and im going to probably also pickup a 3.3 chassis (although it handles great with the 2.5 chassis) and of course im going to pickup another rb engine for this thing, The trx engines are great little engines, and are a good starting engine for anyone, but i'm past that lol, going with the 523 this time.
But to anyone looking to get into r/c monster trucks,and arnt sure weather to get a tmaxx or a revo, The tmaxx is a great truck and can be made into one heck of a race rig, but the revo realy is in a class of it's own, compared to the tmaxx.

Isaac
Old 03-29-2008, 07:35 AM
savtraxx

Default RE: got my revo 2.5 (tmaxx owner)

the trx 2.5 is the worst invention since toy grade rc cars
Old 03-29-2008, 09:16 AM
Nighthawk z450

Default RE: got my revo 2.5 (tmaxx owner)

ORIGINAL: savtraxx

the trx 2.5 is the worst invention since toy grade rc cars

the trx 2.5 (when tuned properly) is a good running little engine, and it doesnt hurt to seal them up also, i've owned 2 of them and after sealing and tuning, were both good runners.