Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Need help with revo.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 04:02 PM
mega1268

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with revo.

Ok. So i got a revo alittle while back. First day this year I started it up it ran great little sluggish but still fun. 2nd day it was amazing power. doing wheelies super fast. 3rd day it seemed like i had a hard time getting gas to the engine trying to prime it. But once it got there it worked great. Now today the gas isent even leaving the gas tank. IF i take the the fuel line off the motor prime it and the gas flows up super fast. As soon as i put it back on the engine. And the gas goes all they back into the tank. I dont understand. Is this a compression problem. Maybe a leaky tank? compression from the motor? Plz help asap i wanna play before sun goes down.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:08 PM
jarett 92

Default RE: Need help with revo.

sounds like an air leak to me...did u change your fuel lines? check the o ring around the gas tank...thats what happened to mine. did u seal your engine?
Old 04-02-2008, 04:28 PM
mega1268

ok i just tried again
now im getting great fuel pressure but now i cant keep the temps down and it has a racing idle after a high speed run. Is that a carb leak?
Old 04-02-2008, 04:44 PM
jarett 92

did u go back to factory settings first? i usually richen up the LSN some and that'll put the idle down some then after mess with the idle adjustments.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:05 PM
mega1268

i tried putting it to factory settings and it seemed it owuldent start. Like it was gonna flood.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:08 PM
[email protected]

sounds like an air leak for sure check every where take off the engine and cover it with soapy water and blow in fuel like w/ air filter hole plugged and exhaust hole plugged
Old 04-02-2008, 05:30 PM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

sounds like an air leak for sure check every where take off the engine and cover it with soapy water and blow in fuel like w/ air filter hole plugged and exhaust hole plugged
Indeed I 2nd this notion; sounds like u definately have a leak somewhere; I would do like MJA says and check over the whole engine; especially check the o-rings/gaskets that sit under the throat of the carb, in the backplate to the engine, and also check the seal on the fuel tank lid to make sure its not cracked or torn. Also, u might want to take the fuel tank completely off, put it in a sink full of water and blow through either of the 2 fuel lines to check for possible hairline cracks that u probably cant see just by looking....
Old 04-02-2008, 05:41 PM
mega1268

Ok thanks alot ill try that.