Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Can you top off the battery in the revo 3.3?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 04:05 AM
equlizer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you top off the battery in the revo 3.3?

Is it a Nicd or Nimh battery? Just wondering if i can top it off every night after being out a few hours? I know you cant do it with nicd ones
Old 04-06-2008, 04:59 AM
envisa

Default RE: Can you top off the battery in the revo 3.3?

It is a Nimh. You can top it off but from time to time you should wait till it is at approx. 25% before charging.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:42 AM
Oasis TR

Default RE: Can you top off the battery in the revo 3.3?

The answer is yes you can..If it's a NiMh..The NiMh dont have a memory so you can do this, but you need to cool the battery down before topping it off. If it was an electric powered car/truck I would not recommend doing this just from a performance standpoint, If you allow the battery to cool down you wont do any damage to the cells. On a receiver pack your charging it at 1 amp..maximum voltage is not really what your looking for..run time is what you want. I have been doing this for years racing with no problems. The best way to do it though is to get another receiver pack and swap them throughout the day..