Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

tmaxx hard to turn has new servo

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 03:32 AM
tmaxx22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tmaxx hard to turn has new servo

hey guys my truck has a new servo but it strggles to turn, could something be to tight or maybe the batteries in the truck be weak please help me out
Old 04-08-2008, 03:36 AM
CarFreak92

Default RE: tmaxx hard to turn has new servo

hey tmaxx22

usually to test if a servo is working and ur battries are fully charged u should lift ur truck up off the ground so ur wheels are not touching the ground and then test it. the wheels will not turn much if the truck is not moving and on the ground. plus nothing in the steering assembly can be too tight as it relys on bearings. so lift up ur truck and test and then replace batteries n test. if it is still not working then take it too your nearest hobby store n they will help u.

hope it helps
Old 04-08-2008, 03:53 AM
tmaxx22

thanks man i'll try changing the batteries tom
Old 04-08-2008, 05:28 AM
RCCanuck

make sure your pillow balls are not too tight....unhook the servo horn and turn the wheels by hand...it should be very easy and very smooth....if you feel any resistance or binding find out where and fix it binding will hinder the steering and burn out your servo.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:06 AM
systemlord

I took a big jump once and after that I thought my battery was weak, I later found out that I bent a hing pin. This made turning the servo very difficult because this made my wheels want to push inward causing my whole steering system to struggle.