Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Opinion, Revo 2.5r V. Revo 3.3???

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 10:27 PM
temptation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinion, Revo 2.5r V. Revo 3.3???

Ok guys,

Here’s the deal. I have a Revo 2.5R now and I just got a good deal on a Revo 3.3. I bought a new servo, springs, and diff oils and was planning to make some changes to the 2.5R when I found someone selling a new 3.3. I purchased the new 3.3 thinking I could sale it and make a few bucks. Now I am thinking I may sale the 2.5R.

My question is should I sale the 3.3 or 2.5R. Keep this in mine. My local track is very small with tight turns and some say the 2.5R would be better suited for that track. The Farm 2 track is about 30 minuets away, and if I was to race there I’m told the 3.3 would be better suited for that one. Mainly I will just be playing at parks with my kids. (Not really bashing just playing.) I have only broken a spure gear on the 2.5R the whole time I have had it. So it is in very good condition.

Because of the changes I have made to the setup of the 2.5R I was getting it to handle very nicely. I just don’t know which one really handles better because I have never run the 3.3. I’m told the 3.3 handles jumps and straight-aways better, but has a harder time making tight turns .

In my racing experience from years past having a vehicle handle turns was one of the main objectives due to the amount of time that could be made or lost in a turn. Its seems to me if the 3.3 and the 2.5R had the same setup using the RD Racing Products quick turn drive shafts that the 2.5R would handle better in a turn because of its shorter chassis. (I am talking strictly handling here) So it makes me wonder why everyone wants the 3.3?

So which one to keep and why is the question?

Thanks,
Temptation.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:12 AM
systemlord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Opinion, Revo 2.5r V. Revo 3.3???

The chassis are about the same except for the 3.3 being longer and having more power available could be why the 2.5R handles the turns better. Whenever you have more power you have to learn to control that extra power through driver skill, and knowing when to let off the throttle.