Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Sound levels?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 05:05 PM
chriskim95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sound levels?

Hello. Is it possible for someone to tell me the dB level of a T-Maxx 3.3 and 2.5 at WOT? I am trying to see if the truck is going to be too loud for the neighbors.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:12 PM
RCCanuck

Default RE: Sound levels?

if you keep the stock exhaust on it will be fine...just make sure you don't run during off hours....most cities, counties have noise by laws that state what the times are for making noise...usually between 7am and 7pm.....after that you are subject to a ticket or complaints.....during those hours you could literally hold a rock concert in your yard and they can't say a thing.....I run mine pretty much every day...but never after 7pm or before 10am........no body complains.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:12 PM
CadenceWildBeast

idk lost my hearing 2 the system that used 2 be in m s-10 150+ eazy. no just kidding sold it 2 buy revo engine. but on a serious note if you are worried anought 2 ask it probbly safe 2 say it too loud
Old 04-09-2008, 06:30 PM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm with cadence on this one; I too would ask the neighbors to be sure so as not to offend anyone....I personally don't think its too loud though, but I would make sure there aren't noise restrictions or ordinances that might chance u getting a "noise pollution" ticket or something along those lines.....
Old 04-09-2008, 08:49 PM
MIKEA46996

Ok if you dont run it around before like 10am or after dark you should be fine. Unless your neighbors are complete anusholes you shouldnt have to worry, When I lived in the city before I moved they used to come out and watch you'd be surprised it turns everyone into little kids, one guy even went out and bought one the next day(his wife didnt like that thought he was gonna have to stay with me for a few days). You only live once have some fun. If your not living then your just waiting to die.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:49 AM
kipstmaxx

its no louder than a chainsaw or lawnmower..you will be fine man..
Old 04-10-2008, 03:11 AM
xtremes15

yea thats what i was thinking ,
hell i work night shift , nobody around here minds waking me up with a dirtbike-atv-gokart ect. ect. ect.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:00 AM
RCCanuck

exactly dude....like I said as long as you are within the noise window you are fine......having said that one of my neighbours asked me last year to not run on a certain day because he would be sleeping due to some all night thing he was doing....I said sure and never ran that day.....he bought me a 12 pack of my favorite beer and said thanks......thats the kind of neighbours you want LOL.
Old 04-10-2008, 02:48 PM
chriskim95

nice Someone called the cops on me for Go-Pedding. It was quieter than a lawn mower and someone called the cops on me. One ticket and almost an arrest. Whats wrong with these people?!?!?
Old 04-10-2008, 02:51 PM
cmerritt

ORIGINAL: chriskim95

nice Someone called the cops on me for Go-Pedding. It was quieter than a lawn mower and someone called the cops on me. One ticket and almost an arrest. Whats wrong with these people?!?!?
what kind of ped u got??
Old 04-10-2008, 02:58 PM
slayerphonics

Prolly some ol'blue hair with nothing better to do then spy out the window all day and complain about the noise the birds are making lol
Old 04-10-2008, 04:04 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

If they yell at you for running, yell at them for mowing their lawn. LOL...

Some cities the noise ordinance is even better... like I think here it's 7am to 10PM (I never run after 8 or so... I have a 2 year old... LOL) Most times IF they can hear it... they come over and watch. I used to have a killer ramp... and I'd have at least 3 of the neighbors cheering me on as I practiced backflips.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:49 PM
chriskim95

ORIGINAL: cmerritt

what kind of ped u got??
lol since you asked a crappy go-ped sport. I have a vid of it runnign on youtube. chriskim95