Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

NEED HELP ON MY NEW TMAXX

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 09:42 AM
laganm21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP ON MY NEW TMAXX

I just got a tmaxx from a buddy that has all ready converted to a 1/8 scale but he has put the Hyper .21 motor w/o pull start but can not use a bump start how do ii start this truck or is this motor any count but i have a new TRX 3.3 will this motor do better anyways
Old 04-10-2008, 10:33 AM
RCCanuck

Default RE: NEED HELP ON MY NEW TMAXX

not sure how you start it....might be a rotostart backplate...might even be an EZ start backplate...in shich case you can use the Traxxas EZ starter.....ask the guy you got it from how to start it.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:39 AM
laganm21

The back plate has nothing on it it look that an airplane back plate he told me that he bump started the truck but as you well know that you can hardly touch the flywheel form the bottom of this truck i really would just like to know shold i just put the 3.3 on it and would i lose or gane power form the hyper .21
Old 04-10-2008, 01:08 PM
RCCanuck

well the 3.3 is a small block engine...the hyper 21 is a big block engine...so if they were both brand new the hyper 21 is the more powerfull engine....having said that what start system is on the 3.3 ? if it is a pull start and you have the correct engine mount then you can install it and start it within minutes of install.....I would ask him how he started this Tmaxx with a bump starter? then I would go buy a rotostart or pullstart for the hyper .21 since your truck has an extended chassis and centre driveshaft to be able to run the big block..thats what I would run....maybe sell the new 3.3 on fleabay to fund the parts you need to get the hyper .21 running......of course it all depends on what kind of shape the hyper .21 is in