Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

which t-maxx is this? just got it for free....

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

which t-maxx is this? just got it for free....

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 11:52 AM
jfair26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which t-maxx is this? just got it for free....

A co-worker of mine just gave me this T-Maxx, he thinks he bought it 4 years or so ago. Hes used it maybe 3 times. Needs radio and EZ-start wand but WHO CARES lol !!! I just go t a 2.5 myself a few months ago, this looks indentical but the exhaust mounts to the engine on the side?? im guessing its the original 15?? Sorry for the phone pics all i have at work right now. Im giving it to a buddy of mine so I ginally have someone to run with
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vs55787.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	926747   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up48245.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	926748   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kp34972.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	926749  
Old 04-10-2008, 12:26 PM
cmerritt

Default RE: which t-maxx is this? just got it for free....

ya it's the .15
Old 04-10-2008, 12:27 PM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Indeed its the good ole pro .15 version....
Old 04-10-2008, 12:45 PM
NStampede Freak

For free?? That is a smokin deal. I want one of those .15 maxxes because they will be collectors item some day.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:52 PM
MIKEA46996

Yep thats a Pro 15... and freak I got a good ol .15 sitting on my bench and an old racers edge chassis(couldn't use it on my conversion no place for throttle bellcrank) hell if I would have know they were gonna be a classic someday I wouldn't have used it for parts. LOL thats like saying a 75 pinto is a collectors item. hell I'm old maybe I'm worth some bucks..
Wish I had a buddy who was gonna give me a Maxx....jfair wanna be my friend??? LOL Have fun dude I did you cant kill the old .15 it runs hot and screams but they wont die.. much better build and quality then the new TRX engines, just kinda underpowered for the Maxx
Old 04-10-2008, 01:02 PM
RCCanuck

when was the last time it was started? I would pull the engine and take it apart clean it all up and lube it with some good oil before trying to start it.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:05 PM
matts6887

ORIGINAL: RCCanuck

when was the last time it was started? I would pull the engine and take it apart clean it all up and lube it with some good oil before trying to start it.

Im definately with u on this one RC; because who knows when the last time it was ran; and who know what may or may not be wrong with it until ya tear it all down and do a through inspection; especially considering as old as the pro .15 version is...
Old 04-10-2008, 02:41 PM
rangerfredbob
My Feedback: (13)

the pro .15's have bearing issues anyway (well, mine have, two with fragged rear bearings)

I got a nitro 4 tec a couple weeks ago with a pro .15 in it, noticed it was hard to turn over, the front bearing was clogged up with congeiled oil from the fuel, pulled off the seal, worked the bearing around after adding some oil and thourghly cleaning out the gunk, put the engine back together and it ran like new

any engine that has sat for a a good length of time and wasn't taken the best care of (assume the worst when getting older used RC's) need to be dissassembled if you plan on having them run for a good amount of time, the carb will probably have to be dissassembled to clean out the passages, if there's gelled fuel in the fuel tank, add some fresh fuel and shake it around and pour out, that should clean it up...

my maxx started out it's life as a pro .15 version, now is widemaxx with RPM Clawz wheels, extended chassis, CVRX .18 engine, Revo style front suspension, and a few other things...
Old 04-10-2008, 02:43 PM
NStampede Freak

ORIGINAL: MIKEA46996

Yep thats a Pro 15... and freak I got a good ol .15 sitting on my bench and an old racers edge chassis(couldn't use it on my conversion no place for throttle bellcrank) hell if I would have know they were gonna be a classic someday I wouldn't have used it for parts. LOL thats like saying a 75 pinto is a collectors item. hell I'm old maybe I'm worth some bucks..
Wish I had a buddy who was gonna give me a Maxx....jfair wanna be my friend??? LOL Have fun dude I did you cant kill the old .15 it runs hot and screams but they wont die.. much better build and quality then the new TRX engines, just kinda underpowered for the Maxx
THe .15 t-maxx was the first "real" MT. They WILL be a collectors item some day. That's been said many times. Without the .15 t-maxx there would be no: savage, MGT, LST, revo, and the like. The pro.15 is an OK engine. The pro.15 is NOT better quality than the 2.5/3.3. The OWB is junk, the porting stinks, the airfilter is pure junk, and the carb stinks. It does run well and lasts a long time.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:21 PM
jfair26

Cool thanks everyone! DEFINATELY going to be pulling the engine out and apart, as its had gas in it for a few YEARS!!! The gas in the tank isnt gel at least, but im not sure the motor turns over. Im gonna keep it here at work for when it gets slow bidding on a radio on ebay righ tnow for it