Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

A- (RPM A-arms)

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 06:11 PM
rickshupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A- (RPM A-arms)

What’s the best way to set the camber on a Revo after installing RPM A-Arms?
Old 04-10-2008, 06:31 PM
NitroVenom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: A-

The A-arms themselvels don't control the camber. The pivot balls that screw into the A-arms are what control it. Once you take off the pivot ball caps you adjust the camber by loosening and tightening the pivot balls. Thee's a page on how to do it in the manual also.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:28 PM
JB COMP

Default RE: A-

You should change the name.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:26 PM
rickshupe

Default RE: A- (RPM A-arms)

That was a mistake and I just left it that way, I figured people would still look at it just out of curiosity. I understand how to make the adjustments, I guess what I should have asked was is there a good way to set it up without having the gauge that they recommend having. I am also wondering about the rear wheels I think they are supposed to be toed-in and after I installed the new a-arms they look like they are toed-out. Is this normal after the new ones are on? I just wanted to get someone’s opinion before I made adjustments.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:34 PM
NitroVenom

The only other way to set it up is with your eyes. It may not be perfect but you will be able to tell once your driving it if your adjustments are correct. The toe-in is adjusted by the turn-buckle. The turnbuckle is only connected to the axle-carriers, so what I'm thinking is the pivot balls didn't screw in as far as the stockers, thus leaving them with toe-out. If you look at the truck you'll see what I mean.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:57 PM
rickshupe

I will probably look into getting the gauge that they recommend. While I was installing the RPM arms I compared them to the stock ones (the ones that weren’t broke) and they were a little different so that is probably why the wheels are out of adjustment I will just have to make small adjustments until I get it the way I want it. Thanks for the help.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:14 PM
NitroVenom

No problem.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:51 PM
jdiamond

Eyes are one way to do it. You could also grab a protracter from the local drugstore for a couple dollars and it would be more accurate. Try to get about 1 degree of toe in for the rear, and 0 for the front. Camber should always be negative for stability, around 1.5-2 deg, but that could vary, depending on what you're using the truck for.