Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.
View Poll Results: A poll
stay nitro
75.76%
go brushless
24.24%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

nitro or brushless

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 04:56 PM
BADBIRD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitro or brushless

ok should I stay Nitro or sell off all my nitro stuff and install a brushless setup on my Revo... i want to have fun bashing and race occasionnaly

Old 08-30-2008, 07:15 PM
mycarisaser

Default RE: nitro or brushless

I love brushless and wont go back to nitro but wait for about another month to see how the castle mmm system is paning out and the new losi system will be out and get to see how it runs. If you cant wait the mgm controllers are the best out right now but are expensive and the neu motors are awsome.

I ran my e-revo today with a nitro lst with a lrp spec 28 in it and had no issues hanging with it and with an electric lst2 conversion that beat the crap out of us both(I built the e-lst2) My e-revo is running a undergeared 7xl(it was the only gearing I had), 80amp mgm esc, and 2 2s lipos. So I would have beat the nitro lst if I was geared up alittle.

The low end power of brushless is amazing to see and has the same top end of the nitro (if not alittle more) Also you can run at night without bothering the pesty neighbors
Old 08-30-2008, 09:19 PM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say keep ur nitro stuff and get the most out of ur money because the fun of nito is the sound of the engine and the smell of the nitro fumes and seeing the blue smoke, etc....so I would stay with nitro but that is just me....[8D]
Old 08-31-2008, 12:58 AM
newgst

well really for bashing nitro is the best since you can just fill up and keep going until either you run out of fuel or you break something(although with a 2 a123 packs you can really just bash the same amount since they have 15 minutes of charge time). For racing it seems electric is somewhat better since you can have better power with a brushless setup but if you are running any official type stuff there is different classes separating electric and nitro anyways so the only edge you could have against others is your battery,esc, and motor. Personally i raced electric for a couple of years and generally it is a lot easier than nitro. Electric is easier to clean and maintenance and its rather straightforward when it comes to tuning. Nitro is a lot messier, harder to tune, clean, and maintenance. In the end i didn't get into this hobby to make things easy! Part of the fun of Nitro is finding the right tune, listening to the sound, and smelling the nitro and/or strawberry nitro speed scent The same argument exists for electric when you have a really high revving motor that sounds like a jet engine when it hits 50k rpms once you advanced the timing. decide what you want really because both have so much to offer!
Old 09-02-2008, 01:47 PM
HarisKhoso

Well A tough Question, Because everyone has there own way of thinking specially when one is used to or fond of One System or another.
I really Love Electric a lot, I,ve always dreamt to buy a high fi electric RC. & the day finally came when I Purchased 2 Traxxas's but guess what
I ended up buying 2 Nitro's WHY? I dont know maybe because I live in Pakistan & I thought that there are other Engines of OS etc that if something went wrong I would buy one of them & install them but never thought of the spur gears Nitro fuels, Clutch Springs, Breakin's, Tuning's & all that. Now I really realize how difficult it could be using Nitro's specially when you have very less free time to Enjoy RC's than rectifying Problems. Where as the electric is put recharged batteries & Go Shoot it up. But nothing in the world is 0% Error everything has it,s up,s & down,s so do these Genius System Solutions Nitro & Electric. But I think as you have mentioned in you post that you do have previous Nitro Stuff, which means you,re familiar with Nitro,s then I would suggest you to keep up with the Nitro,s,
By the way I,m trying to get alone with them
Old 09-02-2008, 03:06 PM
soljajato

Nitro is way easier. Just fuel up and go. For brushless u have to wait and wait. While u can be drivin right after the fuel is done.