Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

How tight should these bolts be on ERevo?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 05:18 PM
yellowisthefastest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How tight should these bolts be on ERevo?

I just got me ERevo and have driven it a couple of times and was getting ready to clean it up a little and noticed when I was wiping the motor it felt loose! Anyway it seem that the 4 hex bolts that come up from the bottom are waaay to loose. I took a pic showing which ones are loose. Anyway, should these be loose at all for some reason? I am guessing they need to be snugged up but wanted to ask. I looked through the manual and saw no spec on them. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35835.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	1024067  
Old 09-01-2008, 05:28 PM
TMaxxDriver

Default RE: How tight should these bolts be on ERevo?

well im not really into electric, but if they are some sort of engine mounts, i would tighten them pretty snug, so that the motor doesnt move around as you are saying 'it is really loose'... i have the same problem on my TMAXX, but the problem for me, is that i need a new engine mount, because it is missing 2 of the 4 screws mounting it to the chassis...

just use your judgement, as not to over tighten it, and break/strip the screw... you should notice when its tight enough, so that the engine doesnt move around...
Old 09-02-2008, 02:20 AM
azrshaynes

Default RE: How tight should these bolts be on ERevo?

if its metal to metal use lock tight, and snug tight