Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

TM 523 install, what do I need

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 10:00 PM
gmcman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TM 523 install, what do I need

Just got the 523 today and hopefully tomorrow I can get it running. For the 1st gen maxx what can you recommend for me to do other than performing a .21 swap? I have the motor, mount, pipe, but don't have the flywheel nut...should I get a new traxxas nut or another brand?

I can't imagine it's any different that any other motor swap but fot thise that have swapped this motor is there anything I should know??

Are the bearings the same size for the clutch bell?

Thanks
Old 09-03-2008, 07:08 AM
gmcman

Default RE: TM 523 install, what do I need

Bump to add I have the pro .15 version and not the 2.5 so the engine accessories don't seem to mate well. Will I need the 3.3 engine parts or 2.5 or either?
Old 09-03-2008, 09:16 PM
newgst

well i don't have a tm523 but i upgraded my first gen tmaxx to 4908 spec(tranny, driveshafts, motor, 4wd) and all that i mentioned is made bigger and tougher to handle the trx 3.3's torque. So....start there! I would suggest upgrading to cvds etc...
Old 09-04-2008, 11:38 AM
FrAnCioS

Your going to hate the rb 523 you should not of got it. Send it back get the picco the rb 523 is just full of bugs!

I gurantee you will have throtle linkage prolem and the left turn lean bug!

My rb 523 had half a tank of nitro in it and the ****ING cod rod SNAPED!!!!!!!!!!

I have not run my RC monster trucks in over 2 months now as i am so PISSED off
Old 09-04-2008, 01:34 PM
NitroVenom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: FrAnCioS

Your going to hate the rb 523 you should not of got it. Send it back get the picco the rb 523 is just full of bugs!

I gurantee you will have throtle linkage prolem and the left turn lean bug!

My rb 523 had half a tank of nitro in it and the ****ING cod rod SNAPED!!!!!!!!!!

I have not run my RC monster trucks in over 2 months now as i am so PISSED off
That is either mechanicle failure from the factory, or you were running it VERY lean. I think it was a dud from the factory though because it will take a few tanks of fuel to strecth the rod like that and then break it. Also the first few tanks are break-in so you really don't push the motor either. I don't think you could say the RB523 was crap from experience though, since you only ran it for half a tank. Plus it was a dud engine, so sounds more like a bad experience to me. I feel bad for you FrAnCioS.