Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

E-REVO up in SMOKE

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 01:54 PM
raypa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-REVO up in SMOKE

Well my couple week old Erevo went up in smoke yesterday. It is bone stock and I'm using 2 Venom 8.4V nimh 5000mah. This is about 15 total runs since new. Halfway through my run, i lost throttle and had a cloud of smoke come up. I pulled the lid to find the rear motor smoking away....

I also notice that the batteries are piping hot to the touch after every run and have actually melted the shrink wrap on them.

So much for a top of the line truck... errr. going to replace the motors today after work.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:50 PM
ratpower396

Default RE: E-REVO up in SMOKE

what are you running in?? It sounds like you are overloading the motors which are overheating the batteries..Also check to make sure everything is running free no binding..If your truck was fine until it went poof did anything get stuck in the drivetrain causing too much drag??
Old 09-03-2008, 03:18 PM
ajb1205

If you are going to replace the Titans, gear down to 17t pinions. Geared 17/68 I can run a full 20 minutes with my 2 2s 6000 lipos (on dirt, short grass) and my motor temps were 170, esc 125 and the lipos were barely warm to the touch. This is my second batch of Titans, too. Send them back to Traxxas and chances are they will replace them. The E-Revo is a bit overgeared IMO out of the box. Also make sure your spur/pinion gap isn't too tight.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:22 PM
mkiiina

suprised no one mentioned the venoms. i have had quite a few problems with my venoms. the titan motors hold the place of a decent brushless, upgrade now!
Old 09-04-2008, 10:30 AM
raypa

My LHS replaced them for free. What I think happened is the brushes chipped out of the rear motor and it quit working. So, the front motor took all the load and hence burned up.... I have a Hobbytown USA by me and they are great to deal with.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:42 AM
Revomad1

I would run a single brushless motor. You will get more top speed and longer run times. Traxxas should make a version of the ERevo that comes without a motor and speed control so we can add the motor we want.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:05 PM
LS2

This happened to one of my friends EREVO, smoked a motor, took it to the LHS, they replaced it, then smoked another one, took it back now they are replacing the motor and the speed controller. We'll see if that works.