Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

stampede xl-5 trans or motor problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 10:24 PM
Jomoma726
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stampede xl-5 trans or motor problem

my stampede xl-5 has some kind of problem with its transmission or motor im not sure. i was doing some wheelies( reverse than forward) and then it starting making clicking sounds and the rear drive was loose.

can anyone help me figure out whats going on and what i need to fix it im kinda new?
Old 09-02-2008, 10:30 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: stampede xl-5 trans or motor problem

Hold wheels while spinning the motor , when you find the part that is not turning you find problem.

Motor,pinion,spur,clutch,inputshaft,idlergear,diff gear,outdrives,shafts,axles,pins,hexes,wheels.

That is the order and I'll guess it is the idler gear since it is clicking.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:42 PM
dirtpile

Sounds like you stripped a gear in the trans. That method of doing wheelies will do that quite easily.

Consult your manual for aid in disassembly or you can download one here:[link]http://www.traxxas.com/products/electric/stampede/trx_stampede_views.htm#manual[/link] If you don't have it.
And since your slipper is likely overtightened, generally has to be in order to get wheelies in that fashion, you should adjust that too.

If you're not comfortable taking the trans apart, perhaps your LHS will do it for you. Though they might charge you for labor.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:21 PM
amc72
My Feedback: (2)

Part 1996 in the exploded transmission view. I did the samething last month. It's not hard to fix it just take time.