Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

T-MAxx 4908 too much Unburned Fuel

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 12:56 PM
HarisKhoso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-MAxx 4908 too much Unburned Fuel

T-Maxx 4908. Too much Unburned Fuel coming out of the exhaust pipe, so much that it get the front & Rear Tires & Suspensions wet & dirty.
I,ve tried to lean the HSN & LSN but nothing happens & when the T-Maxx is at Idle it moves forward, I apply brakes to keep it still.
Help is needed very badly tough the performance is outstanding.
Thanks Everyone.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:53 PM
ratpower396

Default RE: T-MAxx 4908 too much Unburned Fuel

unburnt oil is always going to get all over the truck its just how it is..My maxx the rear would be literaly dripping after a few tanks so i installed an exhaust deflector & now the exhaust blows to the side more & only the 1 back suspension side gets oily..
Old 09-03-2008, 02:56 PM
REVO_RACER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ratpower396

unburnt oil is always going to get all over the truck its just how it is..My maxx the rear would be literaly dripping after a few tanks so i installed an exhaust deflector & now the exhaust blows to the side more & only the 1 back suspension side gets oily..
Yes This happens with the REVO also, even with the deflector on it gets all over the rear A Arm
Old 09-03-2008, 04:53 PM
matts6887

No matter what ya try and do, there is gonna be at least some oil that will get on some part of the truck or another as natually, its just a part of the nitro hobby. Now, like one of the others already eluded to; u can put a exhaust deflector on there that will help to eliminate some of that, but most likely not all of it as some of the exhaust will still end up getting on the back part of the truck....like I said its just a part of the nitro hobby...
Old 09-03-2008, 08:54 PM
TMaxxDriver

YUP... i had the same problem, and what wondering 'what the heck is this'... then asked someone, and turned out to be normal... MY exhaust outlet, points directly at the rear tire, so its always saturated... i need one of those deflector gadgets!!! hahaha
Old 09-03-2008, 09:00 PM
Montana Mike
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: HarisKhoso

T-Maxx 4908. Too much Unburned Fuel coming out of the exhaust pipe, so much that it get the front & Rear Tires & Suspensions wet & dirty.
I,ve tried to lean the HSN & LSN but nothing happens & when the T-Maxx is at Idle it moves forward, I apply brakes to keep it still.
Help is needed very badly tough the performance is outstanding.
Thanks Everyone.
If at idle you are moving forward, try setting your idle screw. You might have to reconfigure your LSN.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:23 PM
NitroVenom

It shouldn't be that bad. Maybe a little bit of oil residue but nothing saturated or soaked. You are running your truck too rich, so you do not have enough air going into the motor and too much fuel. Here are some tuning vuds to help you out: (nnot the same truck but same concept)

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSmMzpZM_As]Part 1[/link]

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJFsJAxNoRg&feature=related]Part 2[/link]