Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Fuel adjustments tmaxx 3.3

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 09:54 PM
clshades

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel adjustments tmaxx 3.3

Ok well I've learned a ton on this forum since I joined up and I really appreciate all the amazing info here but alas i have another question. Thanks to dirtpile for the suspension tip it's like driving a whole new monster!!!

Anyways... i couldn't wait to get home to test out the new setup so i burned off a couple tanks before i lost the light... however.... i noticed when i got it fired up there was quite a bit of liquid fuel / oil coming out of the exhaust pipe.. i'm assuming this isn't normal. It was about 10 degrees Celsius ( 50 Fahrenheit ) so I'm wondering which if any adjustments i should be looking at to correct this if it is infact a problem... obviously my truck gets dirtier with all the dang oil...

Thanks fellas.

-Deano
Old 09-03-2008, 10:02 PM
sb13
My Feedback: (52)

Default RE: Fuel adjustments tmaxx 3.3

Well generallly with colder air it is more dense which would actually mean you might need to richen up the needles or needle to give it more fuel to make up for the dense air but maybe try leaning it out on the high side and see what you can get away with. If the motor temps are low becouse of the outside air temp try this out. Just a thought I had and not sure I'm 100% right. Hopefully someone will jump in and correct me if needed.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:09 PM
TMaxxDriver

the fuel/oil coming out of the exhaust IS in fact, normal... i learned the hard way, getting scared that something was wrong, but its actually NORMAL... you can try to find an exhaust deflector, to point it away from the truck, if its getting all over... mine points directly at the back tire, and after running awhile, its saturated... just a tip you can try.. or find some kind of rubber tube that will fit the exhaust outlet..

depending on temps outside, is when it will come out of the exhaust more or less... humid, will be less, less humid will be more.. etc... just have to tune your engine according to outdoor temps... one day last week, was cooler here (not so hot and humid)... and my truck ran like a 'raped ape', so to speak.. that must have been IDEAL temp, according to how my engine was tuned at the time, it was AMAZING in fact... good luck with everything, and keep askin questions, it helps me as well sometimes!!!
Old 09-04-2008, 12:08 AM
dirtpile

Here's a a table you can use for reference. 36kb jpeg. Link should be direct download or right click then save as.

[link=http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/8193/mixturekh1.jpg]Mixture.jpg[/link]
Old 09-04-2008, 01:14 AM
clshades

Sweet fellas thanks... when I 1st fired it up it was heaps warmer so I never noticed the fuel spewin out the exhaust. I reckon richer is better than leaner for the engines sake eh. Which cleaner does every one like to use around here?
Old 09-04-2008, 01:38 AM
TMaxxDriver

simple green... H2O... wd40... greased lightning... toothbrush... anything with degreaser... nuff said
Old 09-04-2008, 04:54 AM
T-MAXXRich
My Feedback: (1)

I found that contact cleaner works great for the whole truck. Some degreaser if not all the way cleaned off of the plastic servos might weaken the structure alot i found out the hard way with that one lol. But electric contact cleaner has worked real well since then and it does not leave a greasy residue and gets almost all of the dirt and the unburned fuel from the exhaust. That is what all of out here in Iraq use to clean of our nitro's and seems to be working good so far. Like i said it is safe to spray all of truck down. Hope this helps out.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:56 PM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: clshades

Ok well I've learned a ton on this forum since I joined up and I really appreciate all the amazing info here but alas i have another question. Thanks to dirtpile for the suspension tip it's like driving a whole new monster!!!

Anyways... i couldn't wait to get home to test out the new setup so i burned off a couple tanks before i lost the light... however.... i noticed when i got it fired up there was quite a bit of liquid fuel / oil coming out of the exhaust pipe.. i'm assuming this isn't normal. It was about 10 degrees Celsius ( 50 Fahrenheit ) so I'm wondering which if any adjustments i should be looking at to correct this if it is infact a problem... obviously my truck gets dirtier with all the dang oil...

Thanks fellas.

-Deano

That is indeed normal for excess/unburnt fuel to come out the pipe, however if it keeps doing that too much, that could very well mean u are running too rich on the low or high end. U might want to check ur needle settings and set them accordingly per the breakin settings and then re-tune it from there. good luck with it man.