Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Tmaxx 3.3 Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 11:22 AM
zkimrey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tmaxx 3.3 Transmission

Just replaced the forward/reverse gear in my Tmaxx(local hobby didnt have the forward only and i had to have something) Ran it for a day of hard bashing. Now today the motor reved high and cut off. Got it to start agin and the spur gear just sat there and spun. cut it off, rolled the truck by turning the spur gear. Got it to start again and the transmisson engauged but the center driveshafts just shook back and forth, but would not go forward. Is this enough info for anyone to help?
Old 09-17-2008, 03:20 AM
power454

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tmaxx 3.3 Transmission

maybe check your differentials and make sure they aren't locked up. I've even seen it where if you loosen the transmission bolts, take it out slightly and put it right back in everything is fine. Kind of like the cvds are at a bad angle and just locked up. Just a couple of ideas.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:20 AM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tmaxx 3.3 Transmission

I agree, check the diff gears to make sure nothing is messed up with them. If u have to, take them out of the truck completely and open up the diff cases and inspect the spider gears inside(I think thats what they are called). and make sure no teeth are missing off the gears. Also, u probably should check to make sure none of ur output yokes have come loose, also check the driveshafts themselves....