Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Fullforce carbon radio tray <<PICS>>

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 10:47 PM
cmerritt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fullforce carbon radio tray <<PICS>>

anyone had experience with it. it looks cool and opens up alot of space on the chassis.

http://www.fullforcerc.com/carbon_radio_tray.htm

thanks
Old 09-04-2008, 11:01 PM
Montana Mike
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Fullforce radio tray

I have dealt with Full force RC numerous times. First of all they have EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE and are always willing to help in anyway. Secondly, I have looked at those trays numerous times, and they are tempting. There are a few things that have kept me from getting one though. I dont really like the thought of my receiver being out in the open. I run my T- Maxx in alot of dusty and dirty conditions. And occasionally it gets to be rolled over. So having the receiver exposed to the elements and possibly some rocks or debrise has just kept me not wanting to get one. Secondly, it would create a huge mess of wires all located in one area. Plus when you have your reciever located inside of a box you can supply it with soem kind of padding so it is not a rigid mount.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:05 AM
newgst

i was thinking about removing the radio tray and putting the receiver in a balloon and then using zipties to mount it in between the two servos on my tmaxx. what do you guys think?

In the pic attached the yellow areas are possible areas to put the receiver and /or battery. I want to see what the weight distribution looks like before i move anything around but i have already removed the battery box with the switch and moved the battery to the spot in between the two servos. Although, if i was to remove the receiver box it seems like it would be more protected in between the two servos as my battery is pretty shielded there. I was also considering mounting the battery underneath the receiver box sort of mirroring the steering servo as this would lower the cg. There, i brainstormed, what do you guys think?

so back to the topic...you think mounting the receiver, switch, and battery all on one side would throw off the weight balance?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zw69651.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	1026426  
Old 09-05-2008, 05:21 PM
cmerritt

ORIGINAL: newgst

so back to the topic...you think mounting the receiver, switch, and battery all on one side would throw off the weight balance?
i don't race so im not worried about it. i just thought it was cool.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:31 PM
TMaxxDriver

yeah it seems like a really cool idea, and frees up alot of space... the thing i would be concerned about, is as daddimike stated, it being 'exposed' so much... BUT i must say, its a pretty genius idea, so that the whole thing looks more 'clean', and not crammed with electronics! nice find there.. havent seen those before.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:34 PM
cmerritt

ORIGINAL: TMaxxDriver

yeah it seems like a really cool idea, and frees up alot of space... the thing i would be concerned about, is as daddimike stated, it being 'exposed' so much... BUT i must say, its a pretty genius idea, so that the whole thing looks more 'clean', and not crammed with electronics! nice find there.. havent seen those before.
ya i was also thinkin about what he said about the receiver being directly bolted to the chassis. i was thinking i could use some o-rings on the screws or something to somewhat cushion it.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:55 PM
Montana Mike
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some O- Rings would be a good idea. I would put a fairly thinck one in between two washers before you screw it down though. Also your battery would be sitting right on the plate. I would put a pice of foam around the battery so that it would not rub on things and eventually expose the cells though
Old 09-05-2008, 07:18 PM
cmerritt

i was just looking at the receiver mounting. how does it mount???
Old 09-05-2008, 08:42 PM
jdeadman

With My 4908 I built a 5 cell AA NiCD Pack and secured it to the reverse servo mounting brackets that are still there but there is no hole. It fits perfectly and is totally secure. And I put a OFNA fuel Tank where the battery box was and that helped the weight distrubution.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:36 PM
cmerritt

well i decided to buy the radio tray so here it is installed...
[img=http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/3697/dscf8932fz6.th.jpg]
[img=http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/3439/dscf8932vw2.th.jpg]
[img=http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/7348/dscf8931yv6.th.jpg]

Old 09-10-2008, 06:33 PM
rcdudegermy10

Default RE: Fullforce carbon radio tray <<PICS>>

Looks nice...honestly I just can't see paying $22 for something that looks nice and has a very limited function. The reciever is now exposed to dirt moisture etc etc

btw are you running rear 1/8 buggy shocks??
Old 09-10-2008, 06:41 PM
cmerritt

ORIGINAL: rcdudegermy10

Looks nice...honestly I just can't see paying $22 for something that looks nice and has a very limited function. The reciever is now exposed to dirt moisture etc etc

they're UE supershocks. GREAT shocks!!!
im just gonna try out the tray. i didn't cover the receiver in the picks because i wanted to show how everything was set up.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:21 PM
rcdudegermy10

ORIGINAL: cmerritt

ORIGINAL: rcdudegermy10

they're UE supershocks. GREAT shocks!!!
im just gonna try out the tray. i didn't cover the receiver in the picks because i wanted to show how everything was set up.
Yea, 1/8 shocks are the best, I'm currently running 4, using the supermaxx springs
The tray looks cool though, carbon fiber looks sweet on anything!
Old 09-13-2008, 03:03 AM
power454

it looks cool but you would be messing with weight distribution whhich could affect your jumps/landings. You are also opening up your receiver to moisture and debris. At least with stock receiver boxes you are kind of sealed and protected from the elements. Also, if you run with your body off your receiver will be mounted higher and more likely to get ripped off/damaged! IMO
Old 09-13-2008, 01:27 PM
cmerritt

ORIGINAL: power454

it looks cool but you would be messing with weight distribution whhich could affect your jumps/landings. You are also opening up your receiver to moisture and debris. At least with stock receiver boxes you are kind of sealed and protected from the elements. Also, if you run with your body off your receiver will be mounted higher and more likely to get ripped off/damaged! IMO
ya i know! i am running with a body, the receiver isn't covered because i wanted the pics to show how it was mounted.