Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Cltuch Plates

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 12:10 AM
dannyn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cltuch Plates

My clcutch plates keeep breaking. I bought more, got to about half a quart of fuel and another one broke.
www.dannyn.info
The first two pictures are the first set, and the second set of pictures that is on the Revo 3.3 model 5308.
Why do they keep breaking at such a premature rate. I have two more sets so I have some more sets to play with, but I would rather not blow throught them so quickly. Any suggestions are greatly appericated!
Thanks
Old 09-07-2008, 12:47 AM
newgst

Default RE: Cltuch Plates

Well a little chip out of one of the shoes is not a big deal at all. If you are running the slipper too loose it might possibly do that but i am not sure. I would try tightening it up some (but make sure it can still slip)
Old 09-07-2008, 06:19 PM
dannyn

I tried that. Do you think that I should just throw another set on and see what happens?
Old 09-07-2008, 09:36 PM
dirtpile

Have you checked to see if it's always the same one that breaks? I mean on the same arm of the pressure plate. I'd mark it and see if that one goes first. Once one goes the others will follow, so keep an eye on it. This would indicate a casting flaw in the pressure plate. And look at the friction plate closely for any spots that look like they may be worn slightly more than the rest. This would indicate a similar flaw in the backing plate. Assuming those haven't been replaced or that this issue arose after replacing them.

You could try replacing the rest of the slipper assy. and see if that helps
Old 09-08-2008, 09:48 AM
dannyn

Ok, thanks.
I will throw another set on and mark the location where the old one broke, and see if the same one is breaking evertime.
I was thinking about stopping by my dealer to make sure that I set everything up right.
Thanks again.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:04 PM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: newgst

Well a little chip out of one of the shoes is not a big deal at all. If you are running the slipper too loose it might possibly do that but i am not sure. I would try tightening it up some (but make sure it can still slip)
Well, actually I know if the slipper is too tight, u can encounter that problem of having the slipper/clutch plate breaking apart, but if its too loose, it should actually "give" more room to play with so if I am thinking correctly, it shouldn't do that if it its too loose....however, one thing I did notice, is it looks like one of the holes for one of the clutch shoes just completely broke apart; I suggest looking into aluminum clutch shoes as that should help the situation out at least a little anyway. Also, as I mentioned earlier, check the slipper to make sure its not too tight, as if its too tight it wont allow the slipper to have some "breathing room" so to speak.....
Old 09-08-2008, 09:28 PM
dannyn

Yeah, thanks. I do not think that it was too tight. My dealer just got some Integy aluminum clutch shoes in, so I may buy those. I have two other sets of regular ones, so I may as well run those through before I get the new ones.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:30 PM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

indeed, u are much better off waiting till ya run through those clutch shoes.....