Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

going to LHS tomorrow? What to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 09:58 PM
TMaxxDriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default going to LHS tomorrow? What to buy?

i came up on a few dollars.. heading to the LHS tomorrow... byrons gen2 is first on my list... lookin for something else to buy, not sure what..

i have some mods already, not sure if there is anything simple that i can do in a matter of minutes...
i have RPM arms, RR spur, aftermarket servos, Imex aluminum pipe, shock and body mounts, bulkhead braces...

i will probably get a new motor mount, cuz mine is trashed... other than that, i dont really know what to get, that will add either performance, or character... maybe a RPM dangler, LOL...

i am probably going to spend $200-300... so if anyone has any ideas, let me know, just curious, and open to suggestions... i WISH i could buy the Picco .26 Max Red Dot, but probably not this time, have to wait a few weeks!!!
Old 09-07-2008, 10:31 PM
dkastil

Default RE: going to LHS tomorrow? What to buy?

you can for 200
Old 09-07-2008, 10:36 PM
TMaxxDriver

yeah true, but i wanna get like a few smaller things, plus fuel... before i get my new engine... just wanna do a few smaller things, (if possible)... before i take the next step, to the Picco...
Old 09-07-2008, 10:59 PM
Montana Mike
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How bout a good brake? Shocks? Aluminum Bulkheads? Hardened Spider gears? CVD's? Aluminum Hex Hubs? Steering servo protector? SPARE PARTS? Good Bearings? Good Battery? What percent Fuel you thinking about getting? You Should grab a few OS LC3 and OS LC4 plugs.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:07 PM
TMaxxDriver

its got bulkheads, new shocks, could use CVDs... probably going to go with 20%, but dont want the Traxxas Top Fuel anymore... i hear alot of good things about the Byrons Gen2.... probably get some new clutchbell bearings too... thanks for the input... keep it coming if possible!!!
Old 09-07-2008, 11:28 PM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say, in addition to fuel, get some spare plugs, a better rechargable receiver pack(1600mah ofna pack), possibly new tires, new wheels, upgraded shocks, and some other things I cant think of at the moment....
Old 09-07-2008, 11:30 PM
Montana Mike

Good After market Air Filter? On board battery meter? Good Muffler? What about one of those exhaust deflectors? Those are SWEET !!!! Hey you should check out the Fullforcerc.com web site. Lots of cool and functional things there. Looking forward to hearing what you get. Got any pictures of your ride?
Old 09-08-2008, 12:06 AM
TMaxxDriver

yeah i have pics, but must be the wrong format, as rcuniverse wont let me post them!! [:@]
Old 09-08-2008, 08:17 PM
Montana Mike

when did you send me those pictures? what cha get?
Old 09-08-2008, 10:35 PM
TMaxxDriver

i sent them to your email, but it sent back to me, and said 'fatal error, unknown sender, not receiving mail from unknown address'... i will email you my address, and maybe you can add it to your address book, and i will try again and see if that works...

By the way, i picked up a new motor mount (mine was shot, with only 2 of the 4 screws holding it to the chassis, making my motor shift, on every run!!)
i got 2 new glow plugs, traxxas part #3232 heavy duty hot long plugs (my fave right now) wanted to try Mccoy but LHS didnt have them
new fuel line, going to replace my old one, just to change the color, (right now is neon orange, i have a blue theme going on, so i got transparent blue)
new fuel, wanted byrons or odonnels, LHS has neither, so i got 'Wildcat Eliminator', its red in color, kinda different (20% Nitro)
couple new clutch bell bearings 5x10mm
exhaust deflector, blue in color (thanks for the tip daddimike!!, i would call ya daddi, but that would be strange huh?? LoL)
some body clips and body clip savers
last but not least, i got a long day of frustration, as i could not get my rig to start...
tried anything, and everything, im not a pro, but i have been around a while, not a rookie, i would say intermediate... BUT i cant figure out, what the HE** is going on!!
i am going to try changing my fuel line tomorrow, with and without the inline filter, and see what happens, i also got a few other things in mind... everything turns over, has good compression, just doesnt wanna fire... wish me luck!! will post results tomorrow good or bad!!
Old 09-08-2008, 10:40 PM
Montana Mike

Does your glow plug heat up? Is your driver charged? besides the bell bearings, fuel line, and plug, did you change anything else?
Old 09-08-2008, 10:44 PM
Montana Mike

you need to have fuel to the carb, air to mix with the fuel, heat to ignite the fuel, and batteries to power it. do you have all of these? I built a TRX 2.5 a little while ago. while I was trying to tune it just to get the FN thing to idle I noticed that the HSN was stripped. search all over your truck for anything different. not sure if this helps..........and Mike is fine