Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Anyone use this clutch???

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 06:30 PM
1FastGT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone use this clutch???

Uhhh, my Tower order showed up with an interesting part.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33742.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	1032014  
Old 09-12-2008, 08:05 PM
NitroVenom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Anyone use this clutch???

What is that?? It looks like a clutch beel from the pic but it has 2 sets of gears..? Can you get a better pic?
Old 09-12-2008, 08:44 PM
dirtpile

That's what would be called a mis-pick. Somehow that two-spped clutchbell got put in a bag labeled as a traxxas clutch. I would think that someone at Tower would have noticed that, but who knows. Perhaps their stockhouse is automated.

Now the question is do you send it back to Tower becuase it's not what you ordered. Or do you send it to MIP for mislabling it. I would Probably call Tower first, they should help you even though it's not (entirely) their fault.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:02 PM
dkastil

yah that is the wrong clutch bell the revo clutch bell has only one gear ,but i do have mip clutch pads in my xxxnt with .18 tz and revo with .26 picco red dot bolth trucks are way overpowerd and the mip pads last .
Old 09-12-2008, 09:48 PM
1FastGT

Yeah, it kind of looks like the clutch bell for an NTC3 or something. I called Tower and they told me to just keep it and they'd check to make sure all of the packages aren't mislabeled and they'd send me the right one. This wouldn't be the first time they messed up. One time they sent me 240 dollars worth of radio gear when I ordered 20 dollars in tires.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:52 PM
TMaxxDriver

WoW [X(] did you get to keep the radio gear? what was it? and did you get the tires ALSO?? that sounds like a good deal there, if you got to keep it all... ?
Old 09-12-2008, 09:58 PM
NitroVenom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha.. Sounds like this one time I ordered a roto start backplate for my Collari .30, and they sent me the whole motor[sm=lol.gif] It was even better when I looked at the label and it said roto start back plate.. So I ended up paying $60 for a whole new motor!
Old 09-12-2008, 10:01 PM
1FastGT

Yeah, was a sweet deal indeed...240 dollars of metal geared servos. And no, I didn't get the tires, and didn't care.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:18 PM
TMaxxDriver

wow, i am seeing a trend here... 1fastgt gets $240 worth of metal servos, nitrovenom gets an engine for $60... maybe i should order something from them, and get something of way more value for free!! ***?! nice going there guys!! you benefit from towers mistakes!! cant beat that!!