Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

T-maxx transmission

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 04:11 PM
MurphJato

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-maxx transmission

I was wondering if the single speed conversion is anything worth getting. My reverse doesn't wanna work most of the time. I am use to having trucks that don't have it. I wsa thinking of taking it out. Is there a such thing as a two speed forward only conversion?
Old 09-14-2008, 04:59 PM
nitro rc

Default RE: T-maxx transmission

yes of course, there are 2 separate conversions for the transmission. A forward only conversion which simply removes the reverse component. It doesn't affect the 2 speed hub. There is also a single speed conversion which takes out the 2 speed and makes it 1 speed. I don't know if the single speed removes the reverse.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:09 AM
power454

ORIGINAL: nitro rc

yes of course, there are 2 separate conversions for the transmission. A forward only conversion which simply removes the reverse component. It doesn't affect the 2 speed hub. There is also a single speed conversion which takes out the 2 speed and makes it 1 speed. I don't know if the single speed removes the reverse.
I'm pretty sure that the single speed doesn't remove the reverse but you will definitely lose some top end speed by going to a 1 speed trans. In fact why even have a trans at all if you don't want reverse or a second gear? A foward only conversion will help slightly with weight by taking out the reverse gear but it really doesn't make sense to take out second gear unless you are not really concerned with top speed.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:32 PM
StemTMAXX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do a forward only conversion. that way you still have 2nd gear. its only like 10-12 bucks. Get the traxxas one. you get get better throttle response because of all the weight your taking out, and yes the reverse setup does have some weight to it, you will like how it performs.