Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

ACER bearings are not for engine use!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 02:37 PM
ajb1205

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ACER bearings are not for engine use!

If you have or are thinking about Acer bearings for your 3.3....either do not install them or take them out NOW!

After 3/4 of a gallon the rear bearing blew apart but, luckily, it didn't wreck anything in my new 3.3. I emailed ACER and this is the reply I received...

"Hi Brody:
Those are made for wheel use, they are not designed for engine use. For example we have 2 types of clutch bearings: they are both 5x10mm but one we label for clutch use and the other is not. We recommend the stock Traxxas bearings if your OEM ones wore out. Some of our customers grease our bearings up and still use them in the engine but we dont recommend that use.
Did you buy these from us or through your hobby shop? We will be happy to exchange them for something else either way."
Dan

After another email back to Dan they currently do not have any bearings meant for engine use. He is sending me some clutch bearings in exchange for the blown bearings.

The nitro Gods must have been looking over me on this one!
Old 09-15-2008, 05:21 PM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ACER bearings are not for engine use!

That is indeed very strange to hear about this small little "problem". The reason I say this is because the manager of the r/c dept of one of the local hobby stores I frequent who has been in this hobby for over 30 years has told me that ACER does in fact make bearing for the engine as well as for other parts of vehicles....so I dunno what could of happened and the like....
Old 09-15-2008, 05:36 PM
ajb1205

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ACER bearings are not for engine use!

It was news to me, too. All I can say is that Acer is very lucky that my new 3.3 wasn't toasted.