Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Dynamite Max life Clutch/spring set

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 09:53 PM
ChaosEngine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynamite Max life Clutch/spring set

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has used this clutch and spring set? As seen here: http://www.dynamiterc.com/Products/D...rodID=DYNP5184

Im asking because I have a concern with it, well two, actually.

1. I put this clutch in the other day, and only had maybe, 3 tanks on it.. Well today I had it all apart, and noticed the edges were all burred, and needed to be deburred. At double the price, I guess I expected better..

2. Its sort of a combination of things here.. Im running a 40t spur, since I shredded my last one (38t) because when i replaced my motor mount, I forgot to check the height of my CB, and i shredded it. teehee. Anyways, I bought a Racers edge 14t CB with bearings, and the clutch spring rubs the inner diameter of the shell. I think dureing the particular production run of those CB's, the operator wasnt watching his edges, or didnt have the part properly clamped because you can see chatter all around the inside of the shell. so, Id say it looks to be about .004 undersized, but this is just a guess of course, because I dont have a print of the part infront of me Think the spring can take the heat? Its carveing a groove thru the chatter Is there a particular brand of clutch, and bell that you would reccomend? Sorry about the scattered post, I had a long boring night at work, and now im home, getting ramped on caffeine, and trying to figure out my revo troubles
Old 09-15-2008, 10:44 PM
NitroVenom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Dynamite Max life Clutch/spring set

I think the spring is gonna break after a while. You sure the thing is seated all the way down on the clutch shoes? I would show Dynamite a pic of what your clutch is doing to the inside of your bell. Maybe they'll send you another one..? If worse comes to worse, you'll just have a little groove in you CB, that or the spring will break.

How bad did the shoes mess up? There gonna get burred up the first time you run them of course(especially runnin 14/40 gearing ). Alluminum shoes will last forever though. You can just de-burr them when you need to and they'll still hook. Its weird that you have this problem because I have only heard good things about Dynamite's 3 shoe set-up.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:00 PM
ChaosEngine

I think I will have to take pix of the CB And yes, Im positive everything is as it should be [8D]

The shoes werent too bad, there was a noticeable burr on all edges. When you say especially running 14/40 gearing, is that bad? The shop had no 15t CBs, and I figured dropping down a tooth would help give that snap back, and it did! It still does wheelies, I dont know why, but Im fascinated with them.. I could just sit there, and run a few tanks, doing wheelies, and be relatively amused Also, Its good to know they will last, this is a 2 piece clutch as well, sorry for the confusion!
Old 09-15-2008, 11:10 PM
NitroVenom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been running a 14/40 set-up on my revo for a while now. I know all about those endless tanks of wheelies. The lower gearing isn't bad. It just works the clutch a little harder. Ohh and I knew it was a 2 shoe clutch set-up, I was just reffering to the 3 shoe set-up that dynamite makes. I've actually bought a set of the 3 shoe's and tried fitting them on my revo. I couldn't find the right flywheel to fit them though.. Usually you'll see Losi muggy owners running the 3 shoe set-up.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:19 PM
ChaosEngine

Awsome! Ok well its good to know its normal. Now I just have to look at different clutchbells, are you useing a traxxas one? Theres little breather holes on it, have you ever thought about drilling them out a touch? This new one I have here has some nice cooling action, besides the shoddy machineing, Im a relatively happy camper, until something else breaks! [sm=thumbup.gif]