Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Revo Wheels!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 11:25 PM
mechakyle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo Wheels!

hey everyone after striping my stock rims out due to a backed of nut i bought some new wheels and tires!!

unfortunatly i couldnt get my hands on badlands and beadlocks so i ended up with a set of OFNA mutilator wheels. now i get the bite i need and the side to side stability of a brick. the ofset is huge! and i think its at least a min of 3/4 inch on each side offSET!!! the sidewalls are amazingly stiff and even if my truck inst tuned all that great i can pull wheelies after spinning around and gunnin her.

anyone wanna post pics of their wheels and tires?? ill try adn get pics later but i would like to see if anyone elts can tough my offset XD

the lhs guys said they have never seen a wider revo.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:29 PM
TMaxxDriver

Default RE: Revo Wheels!

lets see some pics of your setup there mechakyle...

you cant just tell us about it, and not expect us to wanna SEE it!!
Old 09-16-2008, 05:26 PM
mechakyle

Ha ok tmaxx driver! ill take a pic with my cell hone now while Spore installs. =D i think ill mkae a rc universe civilization XD. nothing will get done well all jsut sit around bashing or racing all day!
Old 09-16-2008, 05:40 PM
mechakyle

Ok heres my pics. that was pretty fast huh. i was surprised myself.

Im well aware in teh pic above theres junk in the backround

Theres my huge offset. the knnucklyes are clearly visable.

Happy now tmaxx driver???

Oh and for anyone on dialup im sorry... not really. if you can afford any kinda rc you could probably afford basic high speed.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:43 PM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks pretty good there man!!! cool wheels and tires!!!!
Old 09-16-2008, 09:13 PM
Revomad1

I like the kamakaze A-arm look! lol. I think RPM makes a set of "Stablemaxx" wide offset wheels that use 17mm hubs now. They aren't quite as wide as the wheels above though.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:26 PM
mechakyle

thanks for your input guys! and yea lol the a arm is pretty awsome XD
Old 09-16-2008, 11:41 PM
TMaxxDriver

yea i like your setup there, mechakyle... i just wanted to see the pics!!!

looks pretty darn nice... how does it handle? does it handle better because it is so much wider??
Old 09-17-2008, 02:02 AM
mechakyle

I've only had a chance to get about 30-40 minutes on some road and some park area and its soooo much better. the sidewalls are stiff and with the added width flipping is hard to do. i can spin it on pavement at near full speeds without flipping and if i can half ass tune it i can pull wheelies after spinning around then guning it. The stability and grip are awsome now! If I get the free time im going to head to a dirt lot area with some bmx/mountain bike jumps. Next paycheque im going to upgrade rockers and try and find some stiffer springs.

Now that i got pics for you guys i wanna see some of your wheel rim and even suspention setups!!!!

Oh also my LHS guy said that the new revo 3.3 2008 edition should be able to pull wheelies stock. Im callin shinanagins on him cause even with my truck tuned decent i cant pull em.... or at least what i hope is decent. Anyone know anything about this?
Old 09-17-2008, 03:05 AM
power454

the stock tmaxx and revo both stock with the engine broken in easily pull wheelies. I don't even have to try to pull a wheelie the front end just automatically goes up lol. The hardest thing for me is to bring them back down before it flips all the way over. These trucks are wheelie machines and most guys I know have wheelie bars and try to see who can do the longest one. Although, I don'thave a wheelie bar just because I don't want it to ruin my fun offroading.