Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Tmaxx wheels/tires combo

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 11:36 PM
power454

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tmaxx wheels/tires combo

I've got a 2.5 tmaxx with a 3.3 motor. I do almost all of driving offroad and doing lots of bashing in all types of mud and loose dirt in a residential neighborhood that is just being built so there's lots of adventure waiting for me. I have the stock wheels and tires still on it but they were never glued on and I don't feel like going through the whole process of taking off the tons of dried up mud and dirt on the wheels and rims. Plus I kind of want to customize it. I'm thinking about using a set of Axial beadlock rims but i'm open to suggestions. Also, I was wondering if going to bigger and wider tires really slows the truck down. I've geared the clutch and spur gear for low end power and I have a Resonator pipe on it. I'm thinking about going and buying them tomorrow when I go pick up my truck but I could use some ideas for combinations of wheels and tires mainly like I said for offroad use and not so much for rock crawling because I don't plan on going that slow!
Old 09-15-2008, 11:42 PM
ChaosEngine

Default RE: Tmaxx wheels/tires combo

I use maximizer beadlocks, with crime fighters for the moment.. they are pretty decent.. They take away the monster truck-ness, in exchange for a wider wheelbase. My buddy SureToCrash has the same wheels but with badlands.. Those tires are awsome, they dig and dig, and grip on pretty much any surface it seems. They haul on the pavement too. I want to get them them..
Old 09-16-2008, 10:16 AM
SureToCrash

Yes, larger tires slow down your truck quite a bit. I just switched tires with Kaptain Chaos the other day to try them out and it was a huge difference. He has T-Maxx tires and as Chaos Engine said I have Badlands. The T-Maxx tires made me lose alot of speed and Kaptain likewise gained speed. I depends on what you want out of your truck. I like the look and size of regular MT tires but not the performance, my 3.2 badlands don't look as nice but way out perform the larger tires.

SureToCrash
Old 09-17-2008, 02:03 AM
power454

I have that Tim Allen philosophy going on. I don't want tires that are going to dwarf the truck itself but i'm thinking that slightly larger than stock tires that are going to go through most mud types and mabe help me get up and over a few more obstacles but not totally kill off my top end. I don't do a lot of on road high speed driving so i'm not looking to go 65-70 mph but I don't want to be stuck at the 30mph mark either. Like I said, i've geared the truck for low end power so that I can get up those bigger/steeper hills but I didn't gear it for say rock climbing type speed/power either. I'm just out bashing on fairly level, rough terrain and I want a slightly more aggressive tire that is a touch larger than stockto give the truck a tougher look.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:02 AM
SureToCrash

Your probably looking at 40 series tires then if you want larger than stock. I liked the look of the proline Dirthawgs and will probably get them for my second set of tires. I will admit that the large tires look awsome on the truck but be prepared for a drop in speed. Guess we can't always have things both ways....until we buy a second set of wheels/tires.

Just another $150 for the black hole.[sm=lol.gif]