Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

newb question about tmaxx

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 10:14 AM
surjer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newb question about tmaxx

How water resistant are these things? Can I go run it out in the rain and through some small puddles where its gonna get soaked? I understand it doesnt work UNDER water! lol

Sorry for the stupid question. I just bought it and its raining out! I would never take my TC3 out in the rain but thought maybe a truck would be differetn?
Old 09-16-2008, 10:31 AM
slayerphonics

Default RE: newb question about tmaxx

I've run in the rain and in wet grass, even hit some small puddles, but I always took a hair dryer to it when I was done. Just remember its not a submarine.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:49 AM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If u are gonna run it in the wet conditions like that, its best to "balloon" the servos and receiver so that u aren't totally risking damaging the electronics...but yes it can be run in the rain as long as its not pouring down rain because even ballooning the servos won't help in that type of condition....
Old 09-17-2008, 01:53 AM
power454

I've run through puddles at high speeds that were half way up my wheels off and on and never had a problem. Of course the main reason for that was toclean it off from all the mud caked on it from the previous runs through deep wet mud. Definitely want to dry it off afterwards. I don't know about driving it in the rain but if I did I would definitely make sure the body was on.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:10 PM
rcdudegermy10

Why would you drive it in rain? Do you want to ruin your reciever, servos, and anything else that is exposed?

Ballooning works, but overall your best bet would be to keep it out of water.
Puddles are fine, but rain, lakes, pools w/e are offlimits
Old 09-17-2008, 10:01 PM
justin_92_92
My Feedback: (2)

To tell you the truth, I took my Monster GT to a motocross track one day. The clay was packed so tight in the thing I went home and took a garden hose to it. I let it all drip dry and use it still to this day.

I have also ran mine in snow for so long that the snow was tightley packed under the body of the truck and was making it hard for the tires to continue spinning. I have not done anything as far as waterproofing yet. The rx is in its stock plastic houseing. It still works fine.

I am not by any means saying what i have done is rite. I would always make sure to protect your investment. But I was younger and didnt care. Things have changed since then for me thankfully. But the worst part is the parts that rust. Thats not very fun at all. Every screw head rusted up.