Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

new parts came in

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 06:12 PM
sb13
My Feedback: (52)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new parts came in

I have my new gearing for the Picco now. 19tooth clutch bell and 36 tooth spur. I also have new aluminum front and rear bulkheads and the steering arm stop. It allows more travel instead of grinding the stock on away. I'll still have to make a couple of other mods to get the most out of it. I still am going to switch to a single Hitec 5955 steering servo too but not sure when. I'd like to install the new Picco along with all of these mentioned upgrades at the same time. Not anytime soon though as I'm still installing a new roof to a section of my house. Oh well, time to get back out there.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:39 PM
TMaxxDriver

Default RE: new parts came in

good to hear that you got your parts! i bet you cant wait to get everything installed!!
Old 09-18-2008, 07:37 PM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yep!!! its gonna be sweet once u get the time to get that baby put in and broken in!!!! [8D]
Old 09-18-2008, 07:53 PM
sb13

Yeah it will and with the steering mod it should be even better!
Old 09-18-2008, 10:06 PM
matts6887

ORIGINAL: sb13

Yeah it will and with the steering mod it should be even better!
Speaking of the steering mod, one of these days I will get around to doing that to mine as well, converting it to single servo should be a lot better than using 2 servos and less drain on the receiver pack.....
Old 09-19-2008, 03:08 PM
JLRevo

Was the first thing I did. But after you do it the pivot ball seems to come out at least once a weekend. But I hear the plat. carriers will solve the problem. Havent got them yet still investing in go-fast.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:10 PM
sb13

Thanks for the heads up on the carriers.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:26 PM
matts6887

ORIGINAL: sb13

Thanks for the heads up on the carriers.
+1 on that note....I will have to take that into consideration as well...
Old 09-19-2008, 08:46 PM
JLRevo

SB13 your gonna make me go broke after the first pic of your truck.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:09 PM
sb13

ORIGINAL: kasarn

SB13 your gonna make me go broke after the first pic of your truck.
I've always built and flown airplanes and this is the first of 6 or 8 trucks that I've had through out the years that I've done so many upgrades to. Infact I used to hate working on them but now I'm getting into it big time and can't stop!! It's like I crave doing the next upgrade i can think of doing. I still have alot of factory parts that I wont replace until I break them though. I'll end up with RPM arms and so on as needed. Actually I did one time take a brand new Revo and took it apart totally and built it with all aluminum parts. About 1200.00 worth and it was the biggest waste of money that I ever spent. Now I've learned that you replace whats needed to make certain areas strong and do not just replace it all for looks when you bash like I like to do. On the other hand you have some wicked rides yourself if I'm not mistaking, I think I saw pics of yours. I really want a wicked custom painted body and I'll buy one sooner or later but those good ones are 80.00 and up.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:33 AM
matts6887

I hear ya on the upgrade thing scott; there are still a bunch of upgrades I want to do to my revo as well, and sadly for me, right now money just does not allow for it(well the money I do have anyway doesn't) and I will slowly upgrade as I get more $ for things and what not, but yea I also hear ya on how expensive the good bodies are and so on....seen that too....so it will be a little bit before i do any manor upgrades to my revo. Ive sone some stuff to it, but not a ton of stuff, not nearly what I want to do to it...
Old 09-20-2008, 11:48 AM
sb13

It does take time thats for sure. Wish I was done with my roof so I could install the Picco, I hope to this coming week.