Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Revo Carbon Fiber

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 08:03 PM
rcdudegermy10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo Carbon Fiber

Has anyone ever used Xtreme racing corbon fiber parts? Did they hold up?

I'm considering getting the front and rear tie bars but I'm unsure how'll they'll hold up.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:55 PM
power454

Default RE: Revo Carbon Fiber

I haven't used them but from what I know of metals and materials carbon fiber is not going to take the beating that titanium, aluminum, or even regular stock plastic arms if memory serves me correctly. They might look cool but they will crack under a severe landing or pressure. If you are going to upgrade a arms try and find titanium. It's lighter than aluminum and stronger! Otherwise, I would stay stock plastic unless you are going for a show car or onroad only! That's my opinion.
Old 09-19-2008, 07:11 AM
systemlord

The only thing that I would consider getting made out of carbon fiber is a chassis for the Revo, other than that I wouldn't touch carbon fiber except for a rear wing made from carbon fiber. You got to love titanium, but not the price of it!
Old 09-19-2008, 12:13 PM
rcdudegermy10

The arms are RPM.

Specifically here's what I was looking at: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/8725
Old 09-19-2008, 05:45 PM
systemlord

ORIGINAL: rcdudegermy10

The arms are RPM.

Specifically here's what I was looking at: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/8725
I don't see a problem here, I meant I wouldn't get carbon fiber a-arms or anything suspension, high impact areas parts consisting of carbon fiber. Now for my 1.2 pound 11.1V lithium powered Custom Duratrax Vendetta with carbon fiber shock towers, drag link oh yeah.