Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Nitro noob with a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 09:17 AM
cincicycles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro noob with a few questions

Hey everyone. Just bought a used revo 3.3 and I'm new to the nitro scene after a former stint with an rc10T 14 years ago. Got a couple of questions for the experts.

How do I clean this thing up? It's got nitro covering everything. Can I simple green it? Anything to watch out for as not to damage it?

It came with 23 hex size wheels that are pretty mangled. Should I keep this size or drop to something smaller/ mostly bashing around the yard, but still want to go to the track and have some fun too.

Anyother noob avoiding pointers you can throw my way would also be appreciated too. Thanks everyone!
Old 09-19-2008, 09:33 AM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Nitro noob with a few questions

Yes, u can use simple green and a supply of compressed air(like a compressor or a air duster can) to blow off the simple green. As for the wheels/tires, u could probably keep them as long as when the wheel nuts that hold the wheels/tires on are fully tightened, they don't feel too loose when u try and wiggle them back and forth. As for other pointers, I would make sure to get some extra glow plugs, get a good set of hex drivers. and that's all I can think of for now. I'm sure others will add to this eventually....
Old 09-20-2008, 12:34 AM
choppaholix

Yeah simple green will work, try to stay away from electric components and wires. And try to get a cage
Old 09-20-2008, 06:58 AM
uneze

just go to wal mart and pick up a can or two of brake clean and spray the car clean this is what i use and have never had any problems it is safe on plastic and rubber and drys quick